Head of Information Technology...Head of Information Technology Services
We collaborate with a Biomedical Research Center, is an international center that houses 400 members and 35 nationalities. is located in Barcelona.
The institute is devoted to conducting research of excellence in biomedicine and to transferring results to clinical practice, thus improving people’s quality of life, while simultaneously promoting the training of outstanding researchers, technology transfer, and public communication of science. Its 28 laboratories and seven core facilities address basic questions in biology and are orientated to diseases such as cancer, metastasis, Alzheimer’s, diabetes, and rare conditions.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Head of Information Technology Services, responsible for providing IT services to the whole organisation. The ITS Department designs, manages and monitors the ITS infrastructure and applications for the scientific groups, core facilities and administrative departments at the institute.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Conceptualize, develop, and implement an IT strategy that is aligned with the objectives. Stay abreast of emerging trends in order to provide technical and policy advice, and establish priorities and strategic requirements in consultation with senior leadership.
- Plan, organize, implement, manage and supervise the delivery of services, ensuring that the production of the department meets high quality standards.
- Lead, inspire and support the team of IT experts.
- Conduct IT projects in accordance with project management best practices.
- Serve on various committees where ITS expertise is required.
- Prepare the ITS budgets and reports, manage the acquisition of IT goods and services through public tenders and coordinate them. Ensure the correct inventory control and management of IT resources.
- Develop and implement standards and policies for the effective and secure use of IT and information
- Oversee the delivery of high standard helpdesk services in compliance with SLAs.
- Develop and strengthen collaboration with ITS Units of other institutes within the sector (BIST, BSC, Universities, CERCA institutes…).
Experience: +7 years of progressively responsible experience in planning, design, development, implementation, and maintenance of IT solutions.
- Knowledge of systems analysis, design, and development, management, implementation and maintenance of systems. Capacity to understand information systems and business operational issues.
- Knowledge of an organisation's infrastructure and IT strategy as it relates to user areas, including, project implementations covering ERP/CRM solutions and cybersecurity, among others.
- Experience managing medium size heterogeneous engineering teams.
- Ability to develop clear and consistent goals aligned with strategies; capacity to delegate the appropriate responsibility, and provide accountability, and decision-making authority.
- Experience in negotiating and liaising with contractors and authorities.
Education and Languages
- Advanced University degree (Master's degree) in computer science, telecommunications engineering, or related areas.
- Excellent knowledge of English and working knowledge of Spanish is required.
- Experience in Scientific IT, including extensive knowledge of advanced High-Performance Computing (HPC), and storage and network services.
- Experience in SAP Business One and Salesforce implementation.
- Experience at international level.
- Managerial experience in a research-oriented institution.
- Experience in public tender processes.