Technical WriterTechnical Writer
Our client is the leading provider of cloud commerce innovation to merchants and brands across B2C and B2B industries. In addition to its flagship open source digital commerce platform, they boast a strong portfolio of cloud-based omni-channel solutions empowering merchants to successfully integrate digital and physical shopping experiences.
They are currently looking for a technical writer for their team in Barcelona to contribute to the developer- and merchant-facing documentation.
An ideal candidate enjoys exploring the code, talking with developers, and documenting the ecommerce platform for both merchant users and developers. User Guides, Integration Guides, and API reference are some of the exciting projects to work on.
- Author in Markdown and use Git repos to manage the publication process
- Personally test features and code that you document for accuracy and completeness
- Understand the business and technical use cases of the features you document
- Work closely with the writing team and across all organizations to define and implement the absolute best solution
- Contribute to documentation/product usability testing
- Contribute to continuous improvement of documentation standards, tools, and processes
- Use JIRA to track and plan documentation work within an Agile development environment
- Understand W3C XML Schema (XSD)
- Basic ability to read and understand small code examples (preferably PHP)
- Knowledge of basic database concepts
- Understand basic document versioning concepts and best practices
- Comfortable using plain-text editors to author in Markdown and HTML
- Experience with GitHub
- Ability to work independently, but also able to collaborate with other writers and developers
- Relationship-building skills with internal domain experts and external customers
- English – fluent