Technical Project Manager Web...Technical Project Manager Web Operations
If you are a senior developer ready to take the next step or you’re already managing a small team of developers, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a Web Operations Development Manager to join our Barcelona based team to oversee all web dev operations globally. This role is an exciting opportunity to work at an international, fast-paced and dynamic Web department at a global player.
In this position, you will be accountable for leading our web dev day to day operations across a range of different products and components. You will work alongside other key team managers and jointly be responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of our customer websites and post-launch technical support.
You will also play a major part in monitoring all aspects of product quality, take part in key technical decisions and push innovation helping shape the future of the web business.
Be prepared to multi-task! You will spend your time juggling being the Ops Technical Leader, managing your team and on key occassions contributing to the dev effort. This is a job for someone who loves development as well as all aspects of management and isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty. While this happens very rarely, please note that the role requires on-call responsibilities that may at times extend beyond normal office hours.
- 5+ years experience in related position
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science / IT discipline is preferred
- Strong technical background, with understanding and hands-on experience in development, primarily front-end
- Experience in running tight processes and procedures for quality control
- Good problem solving skills with ability to think outside the box
- Assertive, confident and effective communicator with the ability to influence others
- Ability to work under pressure and strong commitment to driving results
- Object Oriented Programming, XML/JSON and API integrations
- Cross Browser mark-up with a thorough understanding of browser bugs and incompatibilities
- Experience of working with different CMSs
- Experience of version control systems such as Subversion or Git
- Experience in managing Domain pointing issues (DNS)
LANGUAGES REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
Must be fluent in English (both written and spoken)