Solutions Engineer Core Team P...Solutions Engineer Core Team Patching – Tier 1
About our client:
Our client provides consultancy, architecture, security and cloud services to optimize the information and communications technology (ICT) environments of enterprises. These offerings are backed by the company’s worldwide infrastructure, including the leading global tier-1 IP network, the Arcstar Universal One™ VPN network reaching 196 countries/regions and 130 secure data centres worldwide. They currently have over 170 employees, with headquarters in Barcelona, Spain.
It was formed to provide expert, remotely managed services to our customers as a realistic alternative to in house IT Teams and this continues to be their only focus. They have been helping Medium and Large Enterprise’s to proactively monitor and manage their IT estates for more than 16 years. Companies choose our client because of their 24/7/365, remotely managed, shared services business model which enables them to benefit from a combination of real cost savings together with improved business performance.
They are committed to delivering exactly what our customers need, with a team of dedicated, experienced and committed employees.
If you thrive in a culture that values Customer Focus, Agility, Teamwork and Integrity; where you are empowered to innovate and keep customers satisfied to drive Excellence, please get in touch.
The Core Team is a critical part of our client’s future success and we are looking for absolutely and only the best people out there.
The candidate should be technology savvy, a team player and should have knowledge about Linux and Windows Technologies and all related products. We offer a highly motivating environment, great working atmosphere and the possibility to build a strong career in a multinational company.
Reporting to the Solutions Engineering Team Leader, the Solutions Engineer Core Team is involved in project tasks, as well as daily customer infrastructure incident resolution, communication and platform management.
As Solutions Engineer Core Team the key responsibilities include:
- Resolution of incidents.
- Effectively communicate, and escalate if necessary, complex technical issues to the customer.
- Take ownership of customer and see problems through to resolution.
- Execute changes for customer request fulfilment.
- Support upper Tiers in the deployment of new solutions
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent phone and communication (written and oral) skills.
- Committed to providing quality service & results, ready to make a positive difference.
- Proactive and stress resistant.
- Ability to take decisions quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to prioritize effectively and work with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work independently with a significant attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in an International team environment.
- Team Spirit.
- Customer and service oriented.
- Drive and energy to achieve desired results.
- Logical and methodical problem-solving.
- Passionate about IT Technology
- Daily management tasks such as client requests, maintenance Issues and platform updates
- Ensure that the production infrastructure environment and core technologies are operating
optimally at all times and are properly monitored
Technical Skills and Education:
- Skills in Server and System Engineering
- Well versed with WSUS
- Basic experience with: Microsoft Active Directory
- Familiar with Microsoft patching schedules and methods
- Installation, update and troubleshooting in Linux (Specially in Redhat)
- Basic Knowledge in the following technologies:
- Apache, Tomcat, Postfix, Squid, Puppet, Saltstack, Nagios/Op5, ticketing tools, LVMs, ESX,
- Nice to have: Microsoft certifications (MCSA, MCSE, IIS, SQL, Lpic1, Lpic2…)
- Written and spoken English (Upper Intermediate / Advanced)
- Written and spoken Spanish (fluent / native)
Why you should join Our client’s team?
- Competitive rewards package
- Global and challenging environment
- Learning and growing opportunities
- Open communication
- Casual dress code
You’ll always be looking to be the best you can be, dedicated to learning and self-improvement. In return, we’ll offer you lots of opportunities to grow. We are waiting for you!
Successful candidates may be subject to security and background checks based on location and position.
Our client is an Equal Opportunities Employer.