Software Product Engineering M...Software Product Engineering Manager
A well-known multinational tech company is looking to hire an Engineering Manager to lead and grow a unique, highly qualified internal product engineering team which is developing a new global product from the ground up – a Greenfields Project. The position calls for a strong technical base with architectural design criteria and experience together with team organisational/leadership skills. Will require a minimum amount of optimization coding in the short term.
The company is experiencing exponential growth and this represents an opportunity to contribute to enhancing that growth by leading the development of a software product that will have a global impact.
- You will build, and lead a team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development
- Working cross-functionally throughout the organization (product, support, marketing, etc.) to build a best-in-class payment solution
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Define and implement engineering best practices and strategies, while tracking key metrics for quality and team performance that results in continuous improvement.
- Actively lead engineering teams and collaborate with product managers, technical leads, individual contributors, and other leaders in the organization
- Own and deliver complex technical projects from the planning stage through execution and support timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs
- Provide guidance on architecture and design, and define processes for launching high quality products and features
Who you are and what you’ll need:
- Familiar with global payment systems and methods of payments (ideal but not required)
- Excited and curious about being involved in global payments and the prospect of delivering high-quality product to different regions of the world
- You have a proven track record developing, leading, coaching, and mentoring software engineers towards delivering timely, high-quality software as a team
- Drive cross-functional initiatives in collaboration with Product, UX, Strategy, and Support to develop a high quality, focused product (and inspire your team to independently initiate this same collaboration)
- Strong experience building, managing, and scaling Agile teams with responsibility for applications hosted in a Cloud environment (CI/CD)
- 2-4 years of leadership expertise with direct reports is highly desired
- 5+ year’s professional programming experience
- Experience with developing and maintaining microservice based applications
- Strong experience working with Relational or NoSQL DBs required
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IAC) and Cloud concepts (AWS, Azure, Docker) preferred
See basic requirements