Service Architect - Service De...Service Architect - Service Delivery Manager
The role of Service Architect is to ensure that all the service aspects during a complex transition and transformation project are fully covered and the solution can be successfully delivered in alignment with the service delivery capabilities of the company and other involved parties. In this type of deals, the company is always responsible for providing the Managed Services.
The Service Architect is accountable and responsible for setting up the service model by being involved in early Sales Engagement, Service Design and Service Transition processes.
Early Pre-Sales engagement:
Participate in complex deals presales phase for service design consultancy
Review the commercial proposal and SoW to detect any flaw or misalignment with the company service delivery capabilities.
Refine the service requirements and constraints from the customer that were gathered in Pre-sales phase.
Risk Management. In conjunction with the technical teams and the Service Transition Manager role, highlight any technical and operational risks regarding service model, capacity, availability, and security, mainly. Consider possible contingency plans to mitigate these technical or operational risks.
Service takeover strategy definition. The Service Architect responsibilities are:
- Identify current service issues with the incumbent service provider
- Define the service aspects that need to be gathered during a due diligence
- Determine the knowledge transfer strategy
- Define the quality acceptance criteria for the service transition
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
Ensure customer expectations will be met and aligned with the company’s service delivery capabilities including
Monitoring, Patching, and Backup solutions.
Adapt standard process when needed in order to cover customer requirements, always being aligned with the company service delivery capabilities.
Understand Customer Vital Business Functions and how the company assets will underpin them.
Make sure that customer business processes and end-to-end services are known and understood within the organization during the project lifecycle
Service model documentation, which may include:
- Define and document the service breakdown, escalation matrix from the company point of view and the service model for interacting with other 3rd party service providers or vendors.
- Define and document non-standard service features that are needed to cover customer requirements.
- Supervise and validate that the agreed runbooks have been implemented
- Ensure the monitoring solution is aligned with the Service Level Agreements
- Ensure that the agreed monitoring, patching, and backup solutions have been correctly tested and validated.
Produce the Service Design Document, the key project deliverable in terms of service aspects and processes.
Five or more years of experience in a similar position
The following experience is essential:
- Proven experience on IT environments and ITIL based Service Management.
- Experience in Hosting and Managed Service Business
- Experience in public Cloud and/or PCI compliance environments
- Experience in managing key accounts.
- Conceptual technology knowledge and background
- Capable of working in line with Best Practice in complex environments and within tight time constraints
- Ability to present to all level of clients internally and externally
- Able to coordinate others and negotiate to achieve the desired results