Senior UX/UI DesignerSenior UX/UI Designer
Our client is a boutique consultancy firm founded by Software Engineers in 2010 that has offices in London & Berlin with a distributed team of exceptional Engineers & Developers operating across Europe.
A passion for software engineering is built into everything they do, and their success is due to the importance they place on recruiting the best developers and giving them processes, tools and an environment in which they can flourish.
Currently they are building a diverse range of systems from Augmented realty, image recognition and machine learning to raspberry pi, search engines and web applications.
These solutions drive iterative change and innovation in their clients which include Axel Springer, RS Components, AkzoNobel, Dulux, EDF, Red Bull and Schneider Electric. (Cases studies can be provided on demand)
Please note that this is a Full-time position that will require exclusive dedication.
No fixed end date, long term working relationship.
Being freelance is required and it is full remote positions that will only require 2-3 time a year travelling in different European locations for fully paid team meet-ups.
Salary range up to 40K (gross) depending on the previous experience. Candidates in any location in Europe -3h max time zone away from London- can apply.
An agile international team.
We are looking for a Senior UX/UI designer with 4+ years of experience to help deliver innovative and creative design solutions for our clients. As well as maintain and support existing projects.
Responsibilities include the ideation phase, planning of UX design solutions for new and ongoing projects, creating inspiring Material design (2.0) UI for our mobile and web applications as well as finalising the assets with a handover to the team of developers. You will also be monitoring the implementation of designs and providing designs for new features in existing projects.
Most projects involve following client’s design guidelines, or creating our own guidelines based on their websites or applications. The ability to recognise these key features and ingenuity to reuse them in our products is therefore a must.
We are looking for a UX/UI Designer who is always on the lookout for:
- New tools – to make the workflow easier and faster
- UX/UI design solutions deployed/announced by the industry leaders (Apple, Google, etc.) – to be ready before it becomes a standard.
- Beautiful landing pages – to know where to get inspired when on the lookout for creative solutions.
- Excellent Material Design and MD 2.0 knowledge
- Excellent iOS 12 (and above) design knowledge
- Excellent ability of recognising and following design guidelines
- Good knowledge of diverse browser/smart devices capabilities
- Good Typography knowledge
- Fluent in iconography/info graphics language
- Sketch App, Zeplin, Adobe CS
- inVision, UXPin prototyping tools or other
- Abstract design management tool
- Communication: Slack, Google Hangouts
- Basics in photography and videography (Photoshop, Premiere, After Effects)
- Basics in print production artwork (Illustrator, InDesign)
- Strong attention to visual detail.
- Able to give and take feedback constructively.
- Capable of managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines and maintaining a good attitude while working under pressure.
- Desire to take ownership of products.
- Self-learner with passion for discovering new technology, tools and UX/UI solutions.
- Tracking what/who is the next big thing in Image Recognition, Artificial Intelligence, AR/VR.
- A hoarder of IoT/Smart devices.
- Professional designer and a geek at heart.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in English.