Senior SW EngineerSenior SW Engineer
Our client is a top-tier,leading global on-line platform receiving more than 50 million visitors to the company’s global sites each month.
This is an opportunity to join one of the world's most advanced intelligent and data analyzing technological environments.
The company offers an excellent working environment in their Barcelona office with the usual array of attractive social benefits. For candidates relocating from abroad logistical and financial support is provided.
As a Senior SW Engineer you have to be strong problem solving capabilities. Solving complex scalability challenges, proposing new design and systems solutions and all the while, instigating and promoting best engineering practices. To be really useful to them, you should have across the board experience – a bit of database, a bit of back end as well as some UX familiarity into the bargain – after all, if you don’t know what can go wrong, you won’t know how to fix it. We’re looking for exceptional engineers who can make difficult decisions and take ownership of a problem from end to end.
- Computer Science degree or similar
- At least 3 years experience in a similar role
- Experience in a web economy or other fast paced tech environment; proficiency in object-oriented programming, automated testing, front and back end web development, distributed systems and database technologies.
- Very strong in large-scale software engineering.
- Very substantial experience developing for cross-browser environments and debugging cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Experience with data-driven product engineering. Experience in A/B testing, user research and web analytics techniques and technologies (e.g. Google Analytics, Optimizely, UserTesting.com or similar).
- Experience in software testing (unit tests, integration tests, etc).
- Experience in database design and RDBMSs (PostgreSQL is preferred)
- Fluent English is essential