Senior Ruby on Rails EngineerSenior Ruby on Rails Engineer
We are looking for a talented Backend Engineer who is willing to join a passionate team with the goal of reshaping the real estate market worldwide!
If you are up for a new challenge in a fast-paced environment where agile execution and resiliency are of great importance, then this is the job for you.
- Write high quality code to ship new features in our core API written in Ruby on Rails
- Implement and test new features
- Refactor the existing code of the core API to improve performance and scalability
- Take part in the design and development of new back-end projects that might require learning new tech skills and programming languages (e.g. Elixir & Go).
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Free gym-for-less membership
- 100% remote
- Choose your own hardware: you will get a brand-new laptop (Macbook Pro / Air) or desktop computer of your choice.
- An enthusiastic and passionate young team that is building something great!
- Deep knowledge of OOP, best practices, and design patterns in Ruby and RoR
- A solid experience in writing RESTful APIs
- Prior experience with AGILE software development
- Knowledge of continuous delivery environments and experience in automated testing
- A strong drive to continuously learn new technical skills
- Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, positive and optimistic attitude, ability to handle multiple tasks
- Professional proficiency in English (Spanish and Catalan are a plus, but not required).
- Experience in building high performance systems
- Experience with Elasticsearch or similar technologies
- Knowledge of docker and dockerized environments
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure (AWS and/or GCP)
We will love you even more if:
- You contribute actively to the open-source community
- You organize or promote local meetups and coding events and you are involved with the local community of developers