Senior Ruby on Rails EngineerSenior Ruby on Rails Engineer
Our client is an amazing start-up founded in 2015. They are leading the room rental market in Spain. Headquartered in Barcelona, they are operating in Spain, London, Milano and Roma.
To fulfill their mission, their constantly growing team works on the design of a product that people love by applying the latest technologies.
They are looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer with strong experience in scalability projects, focus in users and very oriented to code quality.
They are a team that cares about learning new things, the quality of their code, good practices and software design. They like organizing activities to encourage this culture in their developers. So it’s very positive if you contribute actively to the open source community and you like to be involve in meetups and coding events! ;)
You'll work on the development of the company's app and helping to grow it up to the next level. That's an exciting project where you will use the latest technologies stack. We are looking someone with excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, positive and optimistic attitude, ability to handle multiple tasks;
- Writing high quality code (RoR) to ship new features
- Implementing and testing new features in their core API
- Refactoring APIs code to improve performance and scalability
- Taking part in the design and development of new back-end projects that might require learning new tech skills and programming languages (e.g. Elixir & Go)
- Technical Univeristy Degree or equivalent experience
- A deep knowledge of OOP, best practices and design patterns in Ruby and RoR
- A solid experience in writing RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of continuous delivery environments and experience in automated testing
- Prior experience with AGILE software development
- Professional proficiency in English
- Experience in building high performance systems
- Experience with Elasticsearch or similar technologies
- Knowledge of docker and dockerized environments
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure (AWS and/or GCP)