Senior PHP Web EngineerSenior PHP Web Engineer
Our client is an established, high traffic online media company with headquarters in San Francisco, CA (USA).
In order to continue deal with high growth and the business evolution, the company is starting up a technological site in Barcelona.
We are looking for the first technical professionals to join this new exciting project.
The plan is to grow up to 10 professionals in the first year and then up to 20 the next one.
They are looking for an experienced PHP Web Engineer who loves learning new technologies and is passionate about programming.
You should be an expert web developer and possess a broad knowledge of web development techniques and principles. We are looking for an individual who is highly productive at quickly delivering well-implemented, usable solutions. This is a small team, individual contributor role--not a management position.
Your initial task will be to enhance an established PHP website. Future tasks may include developing new, experimental websites and helping to refine and optimize high-traffic, existing websites. You will work with a variety of leading-edge technologies and techniques.
- Your work will be high impact and high visibility.
- We have a flat organizational structure and you will work directly with the product managers under the regional manager’s supervision.
- You will be part of a superb team of professionals building one of the fastest growing brand names on the net.
- Offices at a premium location in Barcelona.
- You will be given the best tools you may need to develop your tasks: laptop, screen, etc.
- Room to self organize your time.
- Technical training/meetups covered by the company.
- Recognition and rewards for excellent work.
- Full-stack web development.
- Algorithm, query, and page speed testing and optimization
- Coordinate with our product, graphic design, and content teams to understand requirements.
- Deliver excellent user experiences on both mobile and desktop.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent degree.
- 3 years minimum work experience:
developing websites with MVC frameworks like Ruby on Rails, Symfony, Spring, etc.
with object-oriented PHP 5+.
with ORM, database design, and SQL scripting.
- Experience using XSL Transformations (XSLT)
- Firm understanding and knowledge of object-oriented analysis, design, and programming.
- Excellent English communication skills - written and oral.
- History of excellence in school and career
- Smart, dependable, very organized, detail oriented, high integrity and high energy.
- Takes ownership, responsible and committed.
- Displays a positive, can-do attitude and a passion for excellence.
- Self-starter and ability to navigate projects with limited supervision.
- Previous experience in an Agile environment (Scrum or Kanban)
- Website development with Symfony and Doctrine ORM.
- Web page speed optimization and caching
- TDD, and continuous integration techniques
- Programming with other object-oriented languages like C#, C++, Java, and Smalltalk.
- Working with virtual server technologies like VirtualBox and Vagrant.
- Previous experience with NoSQL Databases.
- Previous experience with Pivotal Tracker, JIRA, Trello or similar.
- Working with virtual hosting environments and CDNs like Amazon or Rackspace.
- Masters or other postgraduate degree in computer science.