Senior IP Network Planning Man...Senior IP Network Planning Manager
Position Type: 3 years contract term in a huge company.
A worldwide broadcasting company is looking to recruit an IP Network Planning Manager from either a telecoms or ISP background to join the Transmission team. You will be responsible for the design, configuration management, implementation and supporting of IP WAN network, including both permanent and ad-hoc services. The Candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of design and configuration of Layer 3 traffic engineering, including a strong background on routing protocols and associated policies.
- Scope, define and design solution offerings and responsible to drive end-to-end technical solutions.
- Analyze technologies and industry trends, define business requirements and propose enhancements.
- Follow-up with service partners on field installation, testing, acceptance and operations & - maintenance plans.
- Able to supervise/oversee projects that are related to Company’s core IP network infrastructure and able to assist with configuration and maintenance of infrastructure LAN/WAN routers and switches.
- Designs the IP Network monitoring systems, providing an integrated and unified aggregation of alarms, events and statistics.
- Provide information for monthly reports on network status.
- Develops and implements the security and privacy policies, standards and guidelines in order to protect the information assets of both the company and their customers.
Qualifications for the Position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field;
- 8+ years as a Network Engineer with a core focus on TCP/IP Networks and Layer 2 / Layer 3 implementations and support in either enterprise or Telco/ISPs environments;
- CCNA/CCNP or equivalent is a plus;
- Expert knowledge on IP Routing Protocols;
- Preferred experience in DCN technologies (server Load Balancing, WAN optimization, HTTP, MPLS and Data Center Networking Design is a plus.
Required Skills, Experience and Competences
- Deep knowledge on Layer 3 routing matters, including static and dynamic routing protocols and their implementations.
- Hand-on experience in BGP routing and design & configuration of edge routers
- Strong know-how on Network Routing protocols (IPv4 and IPv6), including BGP, OSPF, LISP and EIGRP, with a focus on ISP peering and multi-homing architectures.
- Hands-on experience with a proven track record on Route distribution and policy routes design and implementation
- Experience working in/with ISPs or Telcos in their peering management teams is highly valued
- Deep knowledge on Layer 3 Traffic Engineering and VPN, IPSEC and Firewalling architectures.
- Multiple network technology exposure – TCP/IP, Ethernet, MPLS, VLANS and Switching
- IP network design hand-on experience.
- Master QoS Network Design and Implementation.
- Application Protocols – HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SMTP, SNMP, SSL.
- Knowledge of SDN, Virtualization, NFV applicability to IP Router environment
- Knowledge of Routing Protocols, Linux and Virtual Platforms
- Able to work in a multicultural environment and willing to travel 20% of the time.
- Able to juggle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Strong written and Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Problem Solving Ability
- Creative Thinking
- Knowledge and experience with IP Router & Switch SW Architectures, control plane/forwarding plane interaction.
- Experience with Layer 2 topics, including Spanning Tree protocol, port channels, trunks and access layer.
- Experience with Layer 4 Load Balancing design and implementation.
- Knowledge of Network Security policies and best practices, including firewalls and AAA servers.
- Knowledge and experience with Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP
- DNS design and management.