Senior Full-stack Frontend Dev...Senior Full-stack Frontend Developer / Architect
Our client is a US – based leading Analytics company whose platform (evolving since 2007) offers large enterprises around the globe services and technology to generate insights about their customer’s and target audience’s mindsets; attitudes and opinions about their brands and products as well as their competitors. The platform identifies social and business tendencies across all social media and internet counting on an extremely robust data warehouse containing 90 billion + posts.
The company, conscious that the Big-Data and Data Science/Data engineering technologies behind such services are evolving continually and new approaches and ideas are being developed to make these services ever more powerful, has chosen Barcelona to make sure the company remains at the forefront of Social Media Analytics and is creating a NEW team to build on a modern, open-source technology stack (HDFS, ElasticSearch, Spark) on top of which this Data Science team will be developing cutting-edge analytical algorithms which extract meaning from predominantly text data in multiple languages and delivers data product prototypes. The company uses everything in the data science toolkit (rule-based approaches, machine-learning, data visualization) and are constantly called upon to find innovative solutions to new problems.
As an ultimate goal, they are about teaching the robots how to read, understand, process and summarise, as a human being would do.
As a Full-stack Frontend Developer, you will have the opportunity to define and implement the front-end of our platform, helping us disrupt the market research industry. SDI offers solutions that harness the power of both big data and advanced analytics and also incorporates traditional research techniques and methodologies, ultimately helping our enterprise customers and partners understand what the voice of their customers actually means.
We are looking for a seasoned advanced full-stack (Linux) front-end development engineer, with experience build scalable modern web front ends, to join our team of developers and data engineers. In this role, the incumbent will have the opportunity to develop the front-end to data-oriented web products and applications that transform massive amounts of unstructured social media data, extracted from our proprietary social data warehouse, into actionable insights for our clients.
- Design, develop, enhance and maintain the front-end to our social media monitoring platform, leveraging the latest technology stacks and innovations available in the industry.
- Continuously monitor latest developments in front-end stacks, specially in relation to features geared towards supporting BI dashboards, query definition wizards, data visualization, etc.
- Advise on front-end platform strategy with respect to selection of technological platforms, development languages and tools, and framework choices.
- Work with back and front-end developers and coordinate with product management to efficiently implement new product features.
- Implement requirements in coordination with our product management, data science and engineering team.
- Be a key contributor to the short and long-term product development roadmap.
- Our platform uses a mixture of front-end solutions (including ASP.Net). We are looking for a candidate that can assimilate what we have and help us define the best next generation front-end.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or similar technical field.
- 5-7 years of experience developing and deploying advanced web front-end solutions.
- Extensive experience working with Linux-centric Web application frameworks (server-based, client(Java)-based, one-page apps, MVC, etc.) in a highly scalable, fault-tolerant configuration.
- Proven experience with SQL, non-SQL and columnar databases.
- Practical experience working with progressive data and page loading techniques.
- Experience in environments that rely on data visualization libraries and modules (dashboards, charts, etc).
- Experience with Linux environments and tools.
- Experience working with and mentoring other software engineers, preferably in a agile environment and utilizing continuous integration techniques.
- Experience working with AWS infrastructure is a plus.