Senior Data EngineerSenior Data Engineer
Our client is a fashion marketplace for regular people, stylish fashionistas, designers, and small businesses to post and discover unique, original, desirable, interesting and obscure fashion items and accessories.
They strive to create a marketplace that helps aspiring designers, entrepreneurs and hobbyists to get their stuff seen, breathing life into the burgeoning fashion underground emerging around the world. Alongside this they want to hero a second-hand economy for the billions of dollars of high quality, mind-blowing fashion that is sitting in everyone’s wardrobe - worn once, and likely never to see the light of day.
This is a new role inside the company, they are creating the Data team!! As a Data engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining their analytics architecture, technology stack and its underlying processes. You will design and build data models and metrics to support business users as well as optimize and develop their current data-warehouse.
As a Data Engineer you will closely collaborate with mobile and backend engineers as well as data scientists to create robust, scalable data pipelines putting analytical solutions in the hands of users.
The challenge for data engineer is to lead the data engineering efforts for large scale projects like customer lifecycle management, performance marketing or recommendation engines. As well as designing and continuously improving their ETL processes for faster performance and greater reliability.
You will also explore and implement newest technologies and drive our ambition to become leaders in data innovation. We are looking for a problem solving, innovation and communication person who loves to work with a team sharing knowledge and goals in an open and transparent environment.
- Computer science, engineering, math, physics or similar.
- Strong experience on large data sets, preferably in an e-commerce environment
- Advanced SQL skills across variety of relational data warehousing technologies (e.g. Redshift, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Teradata, SQL Server, IBM DB2)
- Experience in business intelligence solutions, solid data warehouse designing and modelling skills
- Experience with ETL tools (Pentaho, Talend)
- Experience with programming languages: Python (big plus), Scala and/or Java
- Fluent English
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and SCRUM.
- Experience with big data and/or NoSQL databases (such as Mongo, Dynamo or Redis) is a plus
- Nice to have experience with reporting solutions.
- Experience with AWS stack (in particular severless services like Lambda and Kinesis) is a plus