Senior Backend Engineer (NodeJ...Senior Backend Engineer (NodeJS)
Our client gather information from major short term rental market places and online travel agents to build a unique and massive amount of data that they crunch to create meaningful information for their users. From their unique and massive database built and refined over time, they deliver analyses, reports and supply data to their customers.
If you enjoy building products, working across the stack, and interested in joining a team solving both technical and business problems ranging from data science, all the way up to sales strategy, this is your gig.
Their team members are based out in Madrid and Los Angeles.
- Design and maintain the web crawling systems to integrate new platforms or improve the existing crawling mechanisms.
- Implement and improve Transparent's data processing techniques, needed to give meaningful representations of the gathered information.
- Optimize our existing resources to minimize computation times and system requirements.
- Ensure the security of the platform in terms of system administration, crawling anonymity and undesired data leaks.
- Work closely with the CTO to support Product Owners in driving and implementing the long-term strategy.
- Drive and promote continuous improvements: encourage and lead the changes, strive for technical excellence.
WHAT THEY OFFER:
- Competitive salary.
- Responsibility from day one in a fast growing and global startup.
- A vibrant international team.
- Stock Options.
- Flexible working hours and a possibility to work remotely some days of the week.
- Modern and spacious office in the heart of Madrid.
They are looking for a talented, passionate, and pragmatic Senior Backend Developer, able to work in a rapidly changing environment.
Core skills and experience we are looking for:
- Backend - proven experience developing large scale backend services in Node.js with frameworks like express.
- Database- you have a solid understanding of SQL and have good working knowledge of at least one of the mainline databases (MySql, Postgresql).
- General - you are comfortable using git or svn and the command line, and have worked in a collaborative environment with a team of developers.
- Language - you are proficient in English and/or Spanish.
- GData science - you have worked with large scale data processing systems like Hadoop or Spark.
- Database - from the experiences you have had, you know the pros and cons of SQL vs NoSQL and have worked with both database systems.
- Backend - you have experience with other server languages like Go, Python or C++.