Senior Backend Engineer PHP (h...Senior Backend Engineer PHP (high traffic)
powering a new, secondhand economy on mobile. We’re a diverse, passionate
group that’s connecting millions of buyers and sellers. Recently named one of
Europe's "Hottest Startups" by Wired, letgo's recently been featured by The New
York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Fast Company, Fortune, Bloomberg,
TechCrunch and others.
We're looking for a Senior PHP Backend Developer to be a part of our Tech
team! If you love creating great software, enjoy challenges and want to be a part of
a quickly growing international project, this role is for you.
Design and implement new features (both in existing and new microservices).
Improve systems’ performance and scalability.
Support the above with tests. Testing is included in our definition of done.
Deliver value to our users. Deploying is also included in our definition of done.
Triage, diagnose and solve problems in our services used by millions of users.
• Tech meetups & training sessions
• Dental and health insurance
• Exceptional work environment
• Team-building activities
• Candy Bar (free snacks and drinks)
• On-site physical therapy
• Language Courses
• Competitive salary
• Opportunity to work for a fast growing, mobile start up company.
• 5+ years developing in PHP.
• Experience with high-traffic distributed systems.
• Strong knowledge of best practices (we love SOLID!).
• Testing culture.
• Have dealt with performance issues.
• Experience with SQL.
• Experience with caching systems.
• Experience using GIT.
• Experience working with Agile methodologies (we use Scrum and Kanban).
• Excellent written, spoken and interpersonal communication skills. We work together
as a team.
• We expect proactivity to find and solve problems in our product.
• Don't fall in love with your code. We love to iterate and change things.
• You care about both developing good quality software and delivering value to our
users as fast as possible.
• Sense of humor.
Nice to have
• Experience with search engines (we use Solr and ElasticSearch).
• Experience with Amazon Web Services.
• Experience with Java or Scala.
• Experience with systems administration (GNU/Linux).
• Excellent trolling skills.