Senior Backend Developer - Pyt...Senior Backend Developer - Python
Our client, an innovative music technology company is looking for a Senior Backend Developer - Python.
The role is for a new growing team and they need someone to lead the team in the very near futre.
You will contribute to the development and maintenance of the Digital department services. You will focus in creating a state-of-the-art matching engine to reconcile music related databases.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design maintainable solutions: your code will be read and used by many others. Optimal code is really important but also readable.
- Scalability is important: we deal with several millions of lines per month. You should be able to develop efficient and scalable systems that can cope with the expected load.
- Metadata reconciliation expert: You have experience in reconciling huge databases. You are able to understand the data in order to design the most appropriate matching policies and you are able to iterate from easy solutions to complex ones.
- Fuzzy is not always the best solution: false positives are dangerous and you know that. That’s why you are able generate a meaningful ground truth in order to improve the solutions with confidence.
- Complexity in algorithms and data structures matter: the right tool for each job. When dealing with potentially billions of elements, everything counts.
Some technical details for the curious:
- Our entire platform runs on Linux and most of the Digital department infrastructure is on Amazon EC2.
- Our server-side code is written in Python, with a little bit of C here and there. You can also find Java in our metadata matching engine.
- Currently we use MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis and MongoDB. Elastic search, Spark and other NO-SQL databases will play a role in the infrastructure soon.
- Our source code is managed with git.
If you are familiar with these technologies, great! However, they are not mandatory.
If you are enthusiastic and think you can help the Digital team create and evolve awesome services, then apply!