Senior Android EngineerSenior Android Engineer
Our client is a fashion marketplace for regular people, stylish fashionistas, designers, and small businesses to post and discover unique, original, desirable, interesting and obscure fashion items and accessories.
They strive to create a marketplace that helps aspiring designers, entrepreneurs and hobbyists to get their stuff seen, breathing life into the burgeoning fashion underground emerging around the world. Alongside this they want to hero a second-hand economy for the billions of dollars of high quality, mind-blowing fashion that is sitting in everyone’s wardrobe - worn once, and likely never to see the light of day.
International work environment, part of the OLX group.
Private health insurance.
Language courses for English and Spanish.
Internal and external conferences.
Tech meetups and training sessions.
Free snacks and drinks.
Competitive salary: around 45k - 50k + Bonus.
As an Android engineer, you will be responsible to build and maintain world-class mobile applications.
- Writing clean, architecturally sound and maintainable code.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create, design and ship new features.
- Working with the other Android engineers to create a seamless experience.
- Creating a multi-language mobile app.
- Maintaining the current Android apps by fixing bugs and improving application performance.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability and reliability.
- Working with their testing team to ensure 100% test coverage.
- Researching and implementing the newest technologies.
We are looking for a problem solving, innovation and communication person who loves to work with a team sharing knowledge and goals in an open and transparent environment.
- 3+ years experience of native Android development.
- A deep understanding of Java and OOP concepts.
- A deep understanding of the Android SDK, SQLite, Web services and location-based services.
- Experience with various Android API versions.
- Experience with Android Studio DDMS.
- Passion for building vibrant native UI experiences.
- A diverse portfolio of previously built and published Android Apps.
- Experience with third party libraries and APIs.
- Current knowledge of mobile architecture, trends and design patterns.
- A solid understanding of RESTful applications.
- A solid understanding of the different caching techniques you can apply when developing a mobile app.
- Strong algorithms and data structure background.
- Experience using ORMs.
- You use version control, preferably git and have a GitHub or similar account.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and SCRUM.