Senior Android EngineerSenior Android Engineer
Our client is a fashion marketplace for regular people, stylish fashionistas, designers, and small businesses to post and discover unique, original, desirable, interesting and obscure fashion items and accessories.
They strive to create a marketplace that helps aspiring designers, entrepreneurs and hobbyists to get their stuff seen, breathing life into the burgeoning fashion underground emerging around the world. Alongside this they want to hero a second-hand economy for the billions of dollars of high quality, mind-blowing fashion that is sitting in everyone's wardrobe - worn once, and likely never to see the light of day.
About the benefits:
- International work environment, part of the OLX group.
- Private health insurance.
- Language courses for English and Spanish.
- Internal and external conferences.
- Free snacks and drinks.
- Competitive salary + bonus.
- Visa Sponsorship.
What will you do when working with them?
- Writing clean, architecturally sound and maintainable code.
- Maintaining the current Android apps by fixing bugs and improving application performance.
- Working with the other Android engineers to create a seamless app.
- Delivering features in tight deadlines.
- Creating a multiple-language mobile app for the entire middle east.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to create, design and ship new features.
- Unit-test code for robustness, include edge cases, usability and reliability.
- Working with our testing team to ensure 100% test coverage.
- Discovering and implementing the newest technologies.
- 3+ years experience of native Android development.
- 5+ years of Java or OOP.
- A deep understanding of the Java Language.
- A deep understanding of the Android SDK, SQ Lite, Web services and location-based services.
- A current view on the Android development landscape.
- A diverse portfolio of previously built Android Apps.
- Have published at least one or more Android Apps to the market.
- You can talk all day about Android architecture, use of the best current libraries and innovate Android applications currently on the market.
- Lots of experience with third party libraries and APIs
- Current knowledge of mobile architecture, landscape, trends and emerging markets.
- The ability to create world leading beautiful and elegant user interfaces.
- A solid understanding of RESTful applications.
- A solid understanding of the different caching techniques you can apply when developing a mobile app.
- A solid understand of how to create data structures and ORM.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and SCRUM.
- You understand git commands and have a GitHub or BitBucket account.