Senior Android EngineerSenior Android Engineer
We're looking for a passionate Senior Android Engineer to join the brilliant and fun team of our's client based in Barcelona! If you love dynamic start-up environments and want to be a part of a quickly growing international project, this role is for you.
Our client is the fastest growing mobile marketplace to buy and sell locally. They are powering a new, secondhand economy on mobile.
Recently named one of Europe's "Hottest Startups" by Wired, our client recently been featured by The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Fast Company, Fortune, Bloomberg, TechCrunch and others.
They are young, efficient, dynamic, creative, international and eager to learn and to improve. They want their collaborators to feel at home, working in a calm atmosphere and building relationships based on cooperation, respect and trust. Joining their team means you will have the opportunity to participate in the project that’s being created from scratch.
They will like working on projects in small teams and with Agile methodologies. Their objective is to make the company one of the best digital companies in Barcelona.
If you join their Android team you will work with the following technologies:
- Environment: Android Studio.
- Programming language: Java and Kotlin.
- Pictures: Picasso y Universal Image Loader.
- Testing with JUnit, Mockito and Espresso.
- Other: Butterknife, Realm, Dagger2, RxJava, Retrofit, Jenkins y Gradle.
- Agile methodologies: Scrum, Kanban.
- Branch Management: Git.
- Permanent contract.
- Benefits: dental and health insurance, stock options.
- Exceptional work environment.
- Team-building activities.
What we’re looking for:
- At least 3 years of experience in programming with Android interfaces
- Experience with Android architecture
- Experience with application deploys and maintenance
- Able to understand the limits of the app
- Willing to program as part of a team (not just alone)
- PLUS: Experience with apps that have over 1M users
- Team player
- Eager to do his/her best and willing to accept new challenges
- Willing to work on different projects at the same time
- Interested in innovation
- Good level of Spanish or English (both would be an advantage)