SAP PI/PO Tech LeadSAP PI/PO Tech Lead
Our client is a Thought Leading niche SAP Consultancy, helping organisations to maximise their business value returns from their on-going technology investments.
Their customer success stories are testimony to the fact that well-planned and architected solutions exceed their end user’s expectations, delivering impressive ROI back to the business along the way.
They specialise in the areas key to evolving towards S/4HANA and they are already showing businesses the next best steps to take on this journey with regards to:
- Active & Passive Data Governance Solutions
- Process Orchestration, Integration and Workflow
- SAP HANA adoption
- Cloud Platforms
- User Experience Strategy & Delivery
They provide Architecture services that will help businesses define their SAP Roadmap and capitalise on the best Upgrade and Migration strategies available. This will ensure that they are ‘Digitally ready’ and can capitalise on all the opportunities this exciting era brings.
The Opportunity & You
Our client is currently seeking an experienced SAP PI / PO Tech Lead for an exciting permanent role based in Madrid.
You will come from a consulting background and will be familiar with this style of working. You will be a self-starter with a passion for new technologies, especially in the SAP world.
At our client, they’re committed to fostering a healthy office culture with a good work/life balance and exciting problem solving. For you, this is a unique opportunity to help shape the delivery of our client projects and bring your talents to a company that encourages personal growth and development and provides the ability to make an immediate impact and gain recognition.
There’s room for growth and development and a genuine commitment to training in the latest SAP and BOA technologies, which frequently involves face-to-face training with the SAP product development teams.
The team is actively encouraged and allocated time to write blogs and share their experiences with the broader SAP community.
Our Client’s Data Governance approach is focused around orchestrating the elements critical to governance. Their solutions extend beyond traditional MDM tools to enable complete business process governance across all application data in your enterprise. Built on years of experience and real world challenges, this solution extends beyond traditional solutions to manage the business processes of governance across all application data in an organisation’s enterprise architecture.
As a proven SAP Integration Consultant, you will be expected to lead integration projects during the requirements elicitation, design, development, testing and final go live stages of a project life cycle. You will have a track record of successfully delivering a variety of projects where you have operated in the capacity of technical lead. Hands-on experience is a must, alongside good communication and management skills. You will be a natural when working as part of a team, as well as being comfortable working individually.
The role will consist of the following responsibilities, and demonstrable experience in these areas is required:
- Assist with the development and preparation of project plans and schedules.
- Lead and provide accurate estimates for development activities based on experience.
- Engage as a key player during the input into RFP submissions, proof of concept work, feasibility studies, internal R&D projects and conferences.
- Provide technical expertise and technical design to project blueprint activities ensuring software developments are designed against agreed standards and policies.
- Leading requirements elicitation workshops and writing or enabling the completion of technical designs, build, testing and deployment of software development components for a number of work packages of varying complexity.
- Lead small to medium size development teams assigned to your projects.
- Produce high quality technical documentation such as; High Level designs, Low level designs, coding reviews, configuration guides and development processes.
- Lead daily scrum meetings and support project managers providing key input into project execution.
- Ensure work packages are delivered on time, to agreed quality standards and budget.
- Ensure solutions meet necessary performance criteria and comply with application security policies.
- Complete Unit and Integration testing of work packages in line with agreed processes ensuring completion within allocated timescales.
- Support the acceptance and deployment of new solutions into BAU and production environments.
- Provide 3rd line application support as required, in line with agreed SLA’s and in compliance with the defined support processes.
- Contribute to the establishment of a high quality software development culture through the continuous improvement of development standards.
- Engage with SAP in Partner initiatives.
- Must have an up to date knowledge of the latest SAP technologies.
- Degree in Computer Science, software development or similar qualification.
- Deep knowledge of SAP PO & PI, BPM, BRM, Web Services, SOAP and REST. (At least 4 years’ hands on experience developing with SAP PO, experience of SAP SCI(HCI))
- Experience defining APIs preferable using APIGEE or SAP API Management.
- Configuration and support of IDOC, RFC, JDBC, File, Proxy, SOAP, HTTP, REST adapters.
- Experience of managing large-scale changes across a complex & dynamic SAP System Landscape.
- Experience in interfacing SAP with 3rd party systems.
- Experience in interfacing SAP with cloud systems like Salesforce, Ariba, etc.
- Full lifecycle implementation experience of at least 3 projects.
- Excellent communication skills across the stakeholder community.
- Experience of structured systems development and project management methodologies.
- Demonstrable experiences of leading integration requirement capture workshops.
- Architectural experience of designing integration scenarios, by applying standard EAI integration patterns.
- An awareness of ISA-M is desirable.
- Proven ability and aptitude to explore and learn new technologies released by SAP.
- Excellent presentation skills and an ability to communicate complex solutions in simple language to a variety of audiences.
- It is essential that you are comfortable in consulting environment and can work in a multi-project style.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- SAP PO/PI 7.4 experience highly desirable
- SAP BPM experience and Process Modelling with BPMN
- SAP Cloud Integration
- SAP API management/APIGEE
- SAP certified
- Working knowledge of B2B and EDI standards
- SAP Functional Knowledge of various SAP modules e.g. FI, MM, SD
- SAP Gateway and OData
- Java J2EE development
- Prior knowledge/experience in delivering solutions using an agile methodology
- Previous experience managing a team of consultants
Salary in line with market + performance related bonus + company pension.You will be largely based at our Digital Transformation Practice in Madrid with some on client site work. Some International travel may be required to visit our other offices, customers, partners, SAP and conferences.