SAP PI/PO ConsultantSAP PI/PO Consultant
DTP PI/PO Consultant
Our client is a Thought Leading niche SAP Consultancy, helping organisations to maximise their business value returns from their on-going technology investments.
Their customer success stories are testimony to the fact that well-planned and architected solutions exceed their end user’s expectations, delivering impressive ROI back to the business along the way.
They specialise in the areas key to evolving towards S/4HANA and they are already showing businesses the next best steps to take on this journey with regards to:
- Active & Passive Data Governance Solutions
- Process Orchestration, Integration and Workflow
- SAP HANA adoption
- Cloud Platforms
- User Experience Strategy & Delivery
They provide Architecture services that will help businesses define their SAP Roadmap and capitalise on the best Upgrade and Migration strategies available. This will ensure that they are ‘Digitally ready’ and can capitalise on all the opportunities this exciting era brings.
The Opportunity & You
Our client is currently seeking an experienced SAP PI / PO Consultant for an exciting permanent role based in Madrid.
You will come from a consulting background and will be familiar with this style of working. You will be a self-starter with a passion for new technologies, especially in the SAP world.
At our client, they’re committed to fostering a healthy office culture with a good work/life balance and exciting problem solving. For you, this is a unique opportunity to help shape the delivery of our client projects and bring your talents to a company that encourages personal growth and development and provides the ability to make an immediate impact and gain recognition.
There’s room for growth and development and a genuine commitment to training in the latest SAP and BOA technologies, which frequently involves face-to-face training with the SAP product development teams.
The team is actively encouraged and allocated time to write blogs and share their experiences with the broader SAP community.
Our Client’s Data Governance approach is focused around orchestrating the elements critical to governance. Their solutions extend beyond traditional MDM tools to enable complete business process governance across all application data in your enterprise. Built on years of experience and real world challenges, this solution extends beyond traditional solutions to manage the business processes of governance across all application data in an organisation’s enterprise architecture.
- Assist with the development and preparation of project plans and schedules. Provide estimates for development activities.
- Provide technical expertise and technical design to project blueprint activities ensuring software developments are designed against agreed standards and policies.
- Understand business requirements and performance criteria, and complete the technical design, build, testing and deployment of software development components on various work products of varying complexity.
- Ensure work packages are delivered on time, to agreed quality standards
- Ensure solutions meet necessary performance criteria and comply with application security policies.
- Complete Unit and Integration testing of work packages in line with agreed processes ensuring completion within allocated timescales.
- Support the acceptance and deployment of new solutions into BAU and production environments
- Provide 3rd line application support as required, in line with agreed SLA’s and in compliance with the defined support processes.
- Contribute to the establishment of a high quality software development culture through the continuous improvement of development standards.
- Engage as a key participant during input into RFP submissions, proof of concept work, feasibility studies, internal R&D projects and conferences.
- Engagement with SAP in Partner initiatives
- Stay on top of new capabilities in the SAP development framework and make recommendations when appropriate for continuous improvement
- Degree in Computer Science, software development or similar qualification
- SAP certified
- Deep knowledge of SAP PI/PO and Web Services, SOAP and REST. (At least 2 years’ experience developing with SAP PI).
- Experience in creating ABAP Proxies, and RFC debugging.
- Configuration and support of IDOC, RFC, JDBC, File, Proxy, SOAP, HTTP, REST adapters
- Experience of managing large-scale changes across a complex & dynamic SAP System Landscape
- Experience in interfacing SAP with 3rd party systems
- Full lifecycle implementation experience of at least 3 projects
- Experience of structured systems development and project management methodologies.
- Prior knowledge/experience in delivering solutions with Agile methodologies.
- Integration requirement gathering workshop lead
Architectural experience of designing integration scenarios, by applying standard EAI integration patterns
- Proven ability and aptitude to explore and learn new technologies released by SAP
- Excellent presentation skills and an ability to communicate complex solutions in simple language
- It is essential that you are comfortable in consulting environment and can work in a multi-project style
Desirable Skills and Experience
- SAP PO/PI experience 7.4 highly desirable
- SAP BPM experience and Process Modelling with BPMN
- SAP ABAP knowledge
- Working knowledge of B2B and EDI standards
- SAP Functional Knowledge of various SAP modules e.g. FI, MM, SD
- SAP Gateway and OData
- Java J2EE development
Salary Market related basic + performance related bonus + company pension.
You will be largely based at our client’s Digital Transformation Practice in Madrid with some on client site work. Some International travel may be required to visit their other offices, customers, partners, SAP and conferences.