Product Director : Marketplace...Product Director : Marketplace components (global)
Our client is a major global marketplace company.
The position is based in
Located within Marketplaces, the mission of this team is to provide best-in-class components which seamlessly integrate into the local marketplace sites. Comprised of two teams (Content and Engagement) you will guide the Engagement Components which is home to four great products; real-time messaging, notifications, user profiles andreviews, and an experimentation platform which come together to collectively help our millions of customers trade successfully online every day.
To be successful in this role, you will be passionate, well-versed, data-driven, business-oriented and tech-savvy with strong leadership and product management skills. You will influence a team of enthusiastic product professionals, based in Barcelona, who have deep expertise across key phases of the user journey. In close collaboration with local marketplace teams, they identify new opportunities and customer pain points by conducting qualitative and quantitative research then rapidly experimenting to test potential solutions. Our Product Managers work within cross-functional teams consisting of product, UX, engineering and data experts and their goal is to regularly launch new features which make a significant positive impact on customer success in our marketplaces.
You will be responsible for overseeing this work and creating strong synergies between the components. The role is extremely important in ensuring the success of these components in both the local marketplaces and the wider Schibsted group. You will be expected to contribute strongly both locally and globally with your expertise and leadership abilities. This position reports into the VP Product for Marketplace Components who is also based in Barcelona.
- Lead the product portfolio of a high performance product team, overseeing hiring, retaining talented team members, and succession planning.
- Create and communicate a bold strategic product portfolio direction that inspires and aligns with the broader Marketplaces strategy.
- Design an organisation to support the product portfolio strategy, ensuring flexibility to support new initiatives and additional teams.
- Partner with your Tech counterpart to lead the Marketplace Components management team, incorporating input from functional UX and Insights leaders in decisions.
- Actively manage the portfolio of components, ensuring each has a high quality roadmap driving measurable impact across multiple Marketplaces.
- Be a cultural leader, setting the tone for the Marketplace Components by communicating the vision and principles broadly and deeply both inside and outside the organisation.
- Create deep relationships with local Marketplace and global product leaders to facilitate mutual success.
- Ensure that Marketplace Components are prepared for GDPR/ePrivacy and that all teams know how to effectively operate.
- You are an experienced product leader with track record of managing product portfolios and are genuinely interested in creating products that solve customer problems
- You are an experienced people manager passionate about helping your team members succeed in their roles and grow as product managers
- You naturally create a culture of mutual trust and cooperation and are able to inspire and drive teams to success without direct authority
- You have experience in pioneering diverse teams and leaders across multiple regions.
- You have a proven track record of delivering product experiences, both consumer-facing and B2B and have experience with building product platforms
- You are pragmatic, impact-oriented, and decisive.
- You have an exceptional ability to communicate effectively, in both large and small settings.
- You are strong on stakeholder management, including presenting to all levels of an organisation
- You challenge yourself and those around you to think critically and analytically to ensure decisions are well founded.
- You instil a deep passion for your product teams for solving priority and often complex customer problems through rapid experimentation
- You bring energy and humour to the team, helping us to have fun!
'm really interested in speaking to CPO or Senior Product Leads/Directors with experience on large, high traffic, Marketplace platforms.
They will be managing large product teams and have Product managers as direct reports.
They will have a hands -on style of management - no executive aires and graces.
They will be passionate about data driven initiatives and be used to working closely with DS and data analytics teams.
They will have a unique and creative user-centric mindset - Achieving a second to none UX being the number one priority