Product DirectorProduct Director
(Direct reports will be Product Owners)
Our client is the largest and most diversified C2C /B2C company in the country. The group includes 7 portals of reference in Spain and counts on more than 17 million unique users per month which places it as a company with the one of the highest Internet audiences in Spain.
The Spanish group is in turn owned by an international media group/company which is present in 22 countries and has 8,000 employees.
Are you an experienced & driven product director who loves solving user problems and have a track record of successfully building digital products/businesses? If so, you should read on.
You will work together with a highly motivated cross functional mission team with great transversal impact on the success of all their ‘vertical’ marketplaces.
This represents an opportunity to be responsible for an exciting challenge to make a tangible impact on business and the way that millions of users interact with the group’s platforms.
We are seeking a new Product Director for two generalist marketplace platforms in Spain.
In this role we expect a leader that can build a clear product roadmap by connecting the vision to product innovation and requirements.
Also by building operational accountability to deliver against company Vision, Mission and Strategy, improving and demonstrating user experience.
You will be an integral part of the generalist management team where you will have the opportunity to drive meaningful and immediate impact and support the continued growth of the marketplace.
In this role, you will lead a team and play a significant role in improving both the buyer and seller side experience in the marketplace across all platforms and growing the generalist platforms both in users and quality content.
You will own the development of the Product strategy and roadmap, and you will ensure development communication across teams and best practice sharing between product teams.
Additionally, will have the opportunity to work with all the other spanish sites of the company.
Our perfect candidate will demonstrate a flawless ability to work as the connector between technology development and business requirements, be results-driven and user-centric.
- Responsible for all product development and product strategy, product priorities and roadmaps
• Organize, develop and lead the generalist product team to become a high performing team
• Translate the business vision into a product vision and team missions
• Benchmark options/solutions and ensure the products are valuable, scalable, built on time and to the right specifications;
• Measure and evaluate how our products are used to ensure that the product solves the right problems and meets the specified targets
• Work with Engineering team to initiate and prioritize projects, assist in determining the best technical implementation methods including what parts to build vs. buy;
• Work with UX research to understand the users and their needs and then working with UX design to concept and design product solutions;
• Ensure alignment of the generalist management team on all the proposed solutions
- Permanent contract, Full time position
• To be part of a company with an excellent working environment and modern and creative offices
• Working with the best professionals in a leading company
• Opportunities for development and growth within the company and the international group
• Flexible working hours 8-10h / 17-19h (Fridays afternoon off)
• Intensive workday during summer months and Easter
• Attractive remuneration according to your experience
• Track record of delivering outstanding product solutions in an agile manner and continuous improvement.
• A good understanding of how technical teams work and an ability to provide leadership to technical teams so the products can be launched with maximum effectiveness.
• Outstanding product instincts, commercial understanding and interest, and preferably experience in building professional verticals marketplace products
• Minimum of 3 years people management experience
• Exceptional organizational dexterity: ability to engage key stakeholders and build consensus across multiple business groups.
• Minimum a BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics other Science field or equivalent practical experience, business MBA is a plus