Linux Content Delivery ManagerLinux Content Delivery Manager
Position Type: 3 years’ contract term in a huge company.
A worldwide broadcast company is looking to recruit a Senior Content Delivery Network Engineer from either a telecoms or ISP background to join the Transmission team.
You will be responsible for the design, configuration management, implementation and supporting of the company CDN networks and Services, including both permanent and ad-hoc services. The Candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of design, implementation and configuration, integrating and testing of complex IP video delivery system utilizing Content Delivery Networks (CDN) and Web Server technologies. In addition, he/she shall be fully familiar:
- Developing, configuring and deploying of HTTP and Proxy Servers such as Apache, Apache Traffic Server, ModProxy, IIS, Nginx, Varnish, Squid, etc
- Assisting with writing formal requirements and specifications documents; working with vendors to develop, integrating and testing hardware/software
- Maintaining communication of project statuses and drives for continued improvement in quality and availability of each the systems and product
- Developing product instrumentation and test automation
- Experience with major CDNs technology stacks and configuration tools
Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Experience with development and integration of HTTP Server and Proxy technologies such as Apache, Apache Traffic Server, ModProxy, IIS, Nginx, Varnish, Squid, etc
- Experience working with DNS, Anycast, HTTP, REST, JSON, XML and other web and network technologies
- Implementation of web systems in LAMP stack environment
- Experience development and support of large scale production systems working within a 24x7 operations environment
- Experience with rapid development and deployment environments that practice continuous integration and development, Agile software development methodologies
- Experience configuring and deploying in a virtualized environment such as VMWare, KVM, OpenStack, etc
- Knowledge and application of coding and scripting required (Go, Java, Python, PERL, Bash, etc)
- Creative problem-solving skills while working in a fast-paced startup-like environment
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to handle several tasks, be organized, make decisions, and work efficiently and effectively under deadlines
- Able to work in a multicultural environment and willing to travel 20% of the time.
- Able to juggle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Strong written and Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Problem Solving Ability
- Creative Thinking
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree with a concentration in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience.