Our client is one of the hottest European start-up companies in the mobile ad-tech world. They are nº 1 Fastest Growing Marketing and Advertising Private Company in Spain.
Together with their partners they have over 6 billion worldwide readers and over 20 billion-page views.
Currently they are looking for a Front-end engineer. Is this you?
- Your life begins and ends with a slash.
- You understand iterative development and a day without pushing code makes you sad.
- You’re not afraid to crack open an existing code base and bend it to your will.
- “Self Starter” is your middle name. You can take or come up with a high-level idea and run with it.
- You have a real understanding of building products that work at web scale.
- You can’t imagine your life without a whiteboard, open-source boards and definetly CODE.
- You know the importance of being part of a universe where all the departments need each other and work together for a mutual goal. So, your communication shows both tech and functional command of what you’re doing.
- As a software craftsperson you will advocate and practice pair-programming, test-driven development, refactoring, collective-code ownership and continuous integration.
- You care about online news and user experience.
- You are an international team player.
- You are eager for knowledge.
- You have lots of stamina and you get bored if you have nothing to do.
- You are hands-on and proactive.
- You are fluent in English (this is a must).
- Working in an international, multicultural and talented team and enjoying our sunny terrace.
- We have more than 23 nationalities so you will not get lost in translation.
- Flexible working-time.
- Free commodities (coffee, tea, juices, etc).
- Ping-pong, Mario Kart and foosball tournaments.
- Team building events!
- Transport, restaurant and kindergarden tickets.
- Training, books and all you need to feel empowered.
- You can solve technical problems equally well with OO, DOM oriented, or functional JS.
- You have a solid understanding of the web technology stack (i.e. headers, cookies, cross-domain restrictions, https, caching, optimization opportunities, hardware acceleration, junk and scroll performance, etc.).
- You have >2 years experience building software that works at web scale.
- You have demonstrable experience with cross-browser JS and CSS development. If you also have experience in Java that will be great.
- You have experience with client-side site development in JS.
- You have a solid understanding of HTML5 tags - functions and intent.
- You have experience with RequireJS, SASS and Jasmine.
- Experience with more recent web technologies (i.e. localStorage, geolocation, CSS transitions and transformations).
- Experience with Google Analytics.
- Experience with AdServing.
- You have experience with various AWS services and understand the challenges of deploying large applications in the cloud.