Java DeveloperJava Developer
Our client is the startup Product & Innovation arm, dedicated to product development. You'll be working as part of a small and growing team, and get lots of opportunity to help shape the architecture and technical direction.
You'll be involved in the early stages of the Product Team development . The chosen applicant will be working directly with the CTO, in order to develop a market leading product for the software engineering industry.
You will also be working with academic research partners, who will be helping to drive forward the mathematical elements of our products.
What a successful Strategic Product Developer will need:
- Self-starter, able to progress technical delivery with minimal intervention.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including fluent English verbal and written skills.
- Ability to understand complex, technical scenarios and articulate to wider team.
- Ability to work well under time and delivery pressure.
- Ability to work with global teams using collaboration tools.
- Demonstrable contribution to an open source project.
What you will be doing:
- Analysing, developing, and testing Java REST Web Services, and supporting business logic.
- Learning new technologies as required to support the technical design.
- Working with other developers and domain experts, as well as freelances providing specialist support as necessary.
- Experience of Java web services and mobile architecture.
- Experience using databases including MySQL to conduct hands-on administrative tasks, including creating databases.
- Experience administering a linux based server, as well as the ability to administer tomcat and apache web servers.
- Experience with most of these development tools: Git, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar.