Information ArchitectInformation Architect
One of our clients, a multinational company leading the pharmaceutical sector is looking for an Information Architect who can define the company’s enterprise wide data and information strategy, governance, control, policy development, and effective exploitation.
He/she will be responsible for information protection and privacy, information governance, data quality and data life cycle management, along with the exploitation of data assets to create business value.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Enable effective data and analytics governance: Suggest who can take what actions with what information, and under what circumstances. Assist data and analytics leaders, and business and IT leadership in developing information governance processes and structures.
- Maximize value derived from data and analytics: Foster value creation using the organization's data assets, as well as the external data ecosystem.
- Set up and implement a Master Data Governance model through sustainable policies, processes, standards and systems.
- Establish and maintain consistent data standards, definitions and rules so that the company can achieve a “single version of the truth”, reducing time and costs and increasing effectiveness through alignment and coordination of efforts on developing new applications sharing global data.
- Establish ownership and accountability in the Business Units with an unambiguous identification of owner by entity.
- Surface information priority: Assess the benefits and the risks of information by using tools such as business capability models to create an information-centric view to quickly visualize what information matters most to the organization based on the defined business strategy.
- Enhance decision making: Use tools such as business information models to provide the organization with a future-state view of the information landscape that is unencumbered by the specific data implementation details imposed by proprietary solutions or technologies.
- Conduct business information modeling: Create and manage business information models in all their forms, including conceptual models, relational database designs, message models and others.
- Manage risk: Aid the definition of data classifications and data zoning to allow information assets to be immediately identified and proactively managed as more information becomes federated in a digital economy.
- Enable enterprise information management: Ensure that the architecture is used as a lens and a filter to identify, prioritize and execute the data and analytic initiatives with clear line of sight to enterprise strategies and business outcomes.
- Secure data and analytic assets: Aid in the analysis of data and analytics security requirements and solutions, and work with the chief information security officer (CISO) to ensure that enterprise data and analytics assets are treated as a protected assets.
- Improve EIM performance: Aid efforts to improve business performance through enterprise information solutions and capabilities.
- Experience with the pharmaceutical industry will be a plus.
- System integration experience, including interface design, and familiarity with web-oriented architecture techniques.
- Data modeling and information classification expertise at the enterprise level.
- Understanding of common information architecture frameworks and information models.
- Understanding of metamodels, taxonomies and ontologies, as well as of the challenges of applying structured techniques (data modeling) to less-structured sources.
- Familiarity with data science concepts, as well as MDM, business intelligence, and data warehouse design and implementation techniques.
- Experience with distributed management and analytics in cloud and hybrid environments.
Also an understanding of a variety of data access and analytics approaches (for example, microservices and event-based architectures).
Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or a related study (or equivalent project-related experience). MBA or similar postgraduate business qualification will be a plus.
- A minimum of seven years of experience in IT, with at least two years in information system design.
- In-depth experience of designing and implementing information solutions.
- Hands-on experience with implementing data and analytics management programs is preferred.
- Three to five years' experience as a data analyst is highly desirable.