Head of Product Insights and D...Head of Product Insights and Data
A global company specialised and made up of leading Marketplace and B2C platforms serving100s of million daily users and empolying more than 2,000 profesionals is looking to hire someone to lead their Data and Insight team working on creat a common global product.
This position is all about empowering and influencing global business strategy through Data Insights.
Main role and responsibilities:
- Build and lead a group of product analysts embedded in product teams with the mission to inform and influence product and company strategy via analysis of user experience and feature usage
- Actively work to share analysis, experimentation, business knowledge and expertise to promote a data and business metric-driven culture
- Work closely with the product manager and key stakeholders to identify business priorities
- Help enforce and continuously improve our analytics practices, processes, and tools
- Empower, manage and mentor team members to improve their craft, deliver high quality data analysis, and develop themselves as leaders
- Work cross functionally to build a great data-driven culture within the company.
- Master degree (Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Business or Economics)
- Previous management experience required (at least 1 year in management position)
- Minimum 3 years experience in a similar position.
- Fluent in English (mandatory).
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with multidisciplinary teams
- Extensive experience with web analytics tools (Google Analytics, Adobe etc.)
- Extensive experience with SQL
- Extensive experience with at least one data oriented programming language such as R or Python
- Proficiency in Tableau or other data visualization tools a plus
- Self-starter and detail oriented.
- You can complete projects with the minimal supervision.
Management experience is essential as the role will involve managing a team of 7 data analysts. We're looking at someone with strong background in machine learning, or someone that may have led a team of data scientists. Plus experience working with machine learning or advanced statistics and experimentation would be ideal.
Type of background we're looking for is someone that has previous marketplace or tech/e-commerce experience.