Junior Frontend DeveloperJunior Frontend Developer
Our client is one of the world's largest digital media companies. Overall, the properties have more than 30 million unique visitors and 100 million page views each month.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain and enhance the existing codebase.
- Implement page layouts, features, and changes according to mockups created by our graphic design team and/or written requirements.
- Guide the transition of the site's frontend infrastructure to a more modern approach to layout implementation and client-side scripting.
Why you want this job:
- The company brings Silicon Valley ways to Barcelona.
- They operates several of our own websites. Your work and input will be integral to the growth of our proprietary products.
- Your work will be high impact and high visibility.
- They have a flat organizational structure and you will work directly with the product managers under the regional manager’s supervision.
- You will be part of a superb team of professionals building one of the fastest growing brand names on the net.
- Offices at a premium location in Barcelona.
- Or client gives you the best tools you may need to develop your tasks: laptop, screen, etc.
- Room to self-organize your time.
- Technical training/meetups covered by the company.
- Recognition and rewards for excellent work.
- 1+ years working in frontend development.
- Knowledge in mobile-first and responsive design practices as well as being able to adapt a given design to a variety content situations and viewport sizes.
- Deep understanding of how web browsers process and render web pages.
- Constantly learning new technologies.
- Experience doing some server-side programming in conjunction with frontend development work a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral.