Frontend DeveloperFrontend Developer
Our client is one of the world's largest digital media companies, whose web properties include lovetoknow.com, yourdictionary.com, trails.com, and golflink.com. Overall, the properties have more than 30 million unique visitors and 100 million page views each month.
The company was founded by serial entrepreneur and angel investor in 2004 and is celebrating its second decade of success. They pride theirrselves on having a highly entrepreneurial and collaborative environment, where our colleagues are given significant responsibility and the opportunity to thrive and be successful.
The company need a software artisan with a passionate desire to craft elegant yet pragmatic solutions for every task you are given. This role spans leadership and planning, you will report directly to the Product Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain and enhance the existing codebase.
- Implement page layouts, features, and changes according to mockups created by our graphic design team and/or written requirements.
- Guide the transition of the site's frontend infrastructure to a more modern approach to layout implementation and client-side scripting.
- Mentor other developers working both on this site and other projects who are utilizing a wide variety of technologies.
- Coordinate with our product, graphic design, and content teams to understand requirements.
- Architect and implement code and processes following industry standards and best practices.
Why you want this job:
- The company brings Silicon Valley ways to Barcelona.
- They operates several of our own websites. Your work and input will be integral to the growth of our proprietary products.
- Your work will be high impact and high visibility.
- They have a flat organizational structure and you will work directly with the product managers under the regional manager’s supervision.
- You will be part of a superb team of professionals building one of the fastest growing brand names on the net.
- Offices at a premium location in Barcelona.
- Or client gives you the best tools you may need to develop your tasks: laptop, screen, etc.
- Room to self-organize your time.
- Technical training/meetups covered by the company.
- Recognition and rewards for excellent work.
What you will need to be successful:
- 5+ years working in frontend development.
- Proficient in mobile-first and responsive design practices as well as being able to adapt a given design to a variety content situations and viewport sizes.
- Experience problem solving and debugging client-side code on a wide variety of platforms.
- Deep understanding of how web browsers process and render web pages.
- Constantly learning new technologies.
- Knowledge of software engineering fundamentals, including: object-oriented analysis, design, and programming, software design patterns, data structures, algorithms
- Experience doing some server-side programming in conjunction with frontend development work a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and oral.