Engineering managerEngineering manager
We are working with a startup company, which is building tools that help companies communicate with their customers on messaging apps like Whatsapp or Telegram. Some of the largest companies in Europe use their products to attend millions of customers every month. Their mission is to create better business-consumer relationships by embracing "simple", "meaningful" and "customer-centric" communication.
They are growing fast and they're in a unique position to become the leaders in the EU conversational apps space thanks to their award-winning, open-source chatbot technology, and exclusive partnerships.
To continue on the path of growth, they are looking for an Engineering Manager who will take on the following responsibilities:
- Work with PM/ED/EL/Designer to create key results for squads Process.
- Evolve Agile approach to fit team and project needs.
- Foster continuous improvement mindset amongst squad.
- Challenge squad to identify bottlenecks & ways of speeding up delivery meetings.
- Guide effectiveness of team meetings.
- Determine team makeup & hiring needs.
- Ensure squad has the people and skill sets needed to achieve their goals.
- Source engineers and work with recruiting to ensure the hiring process run smoothly. Make the final hiring decision.
- Create the engineer’s onboarding plan and work with EL and others to ensure engineers are successfully onboarded.
- Ensure engineers have the skills needed to support their squad by encouraging and monitoring learning initiatives.
- Apply the Performance Management Process: ensuring every engineer gets enough feedback trough the daily feedback, 1:1 & Quarter Performance Reviews.
- Be a sponsor for engineers so they have access to growth opportunities they wouldn’t otherwise have on their own.
- Monitor and work to improve engineers’ health & morale.
- Working with amazing people from all over the world, with different cultures, experiences, and knowledge
- 22 days holiday per year, plus national holidays
- Fully remote policy and very flexible working
- Attractive Benefits & Perks Plan, centered in Learning&Development
- Workstation budget to make great work happen at home
- Extensive experience as engineer
- 10 years’ experience in software engineering roles
- 6 years’ experience in its current area of expertise
- Experience managing complex tech projects
- Experience on building products and features from scratch
- Experienced managing up to 4-5 engineers