Engineering ManagerEngineering Manager
We are collaborating with an international firm that offers companies and consumers the possibility of speeding up and facilitating the purchasing processes on a daily basis.
This product, already used by more than 8 million customers and more than 40,000 companies globally, allows you to pay for your purchases comfortably and automatically in small instalments, always in a responsible way.
They have an IT high-performance team, divided between Spain, Australia and California.
Currently they are looking for 2 Engineering Managers for the Barcelona team, which is composed of 60 talented people.
As the Engineering Managers will assume the helm of new squads, they need professionals with experience in:
- Payments and Backend development (Java) OR
- Checkout and Frontend development (React)
- You'll work closely with the Product Manager to help him/her shape the domain-wide roadmap.
- You’ll be part of the growth of a team from scratch, until you see how it consolidates.
- You’ll be a point of reference to create and influence the technological vision.
- Ensure consistent delivery of working software.
- You’ll actively participate in the development and maintenance of company standards for software development, testing, release management, and revisions.
- Shared responsibility for Architecture of the system.
- Proactively supporting your team members to achieve their performance and development goals.
- Private Health Insurance
- Competitive economic package
- Career Development Opportunities
- Training Program
- Extended Annual Holiday Leave
- Flexible Working Hours
- Gym membership
- Fresh organic fruit, Coffee & Tea
- Team Building Activities
- Employee Referral System
- Language class
- Remot policy: 2 days office / 3 teleworking
- 2+ years of engineering leadership experience
- 4+ years of engineering experience working as a software engineer, building and maintaining Backend (Java) or Frontend (react) applications
- Experience driving end-to-end engineering architecture and design for scalable, high-availability and resilient backend services.
- Passionate about coaching and people development
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Passionate about adding to and growing an organization's engineering culture
- Enjoy driving the technical and product vision within the domain you operate in
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience