Data Scientist - ROIData Scientist - ROI
Our client has recently named one of Europe's' "Hottest Start-ups" of the year and is the fastest growing mobile Marketplace based in Barcelona.
They are looking for a Data Scientist (Search Relevance) who will to identify new opportunities for improvement throughout our user funnel, forecast and understand the drivers of our most relevant metrics and quantify the ROI of our different investments.
They have a vast wealth of data and it's necessary to leverage it to provide the best search experience to become the leading mobile Marketplace.
- Develop and maintain actionable forecasting models to inform our decision making
- Deliver attribution models to quantify impact of marketing and other investments
- Develop explainable predictive models to understand the drivers of user activation, engagement and retention and generate testable hypotheses
- Ability to understand the nuts and bolts of the business and choose the right technical tools to address the problems at hand
- Willingness to fail fast and iterate faster
- Ability to strike the right balance of technical complexity as a function of the business’ needs
- Strong quantitative skills (statistics, probability)
- Expert knowledge of statistical machine learning tools and methods
- Strong data analysis software skills (Python, R, SQL)
- Advanced degree in CS, Statistics, Math, Physics, or other quantitative field
- Fluent in English, Spanish a plus
- Experience doing research in statistics, machine learning, signal processing, econometrics, bioinformatics or another quantitative field
- Familiarity building and deploying data pipelines and services in AWS or another cloud service provider
- Experience with big data tools and frameworks (Spark, Hadoop, Hive, etc.)