C Firmware Engineer R&DC Firmware Engineer R&D
Firmware Engineer (C)
Our client is a German mid-sized multinational company with wide market presence and worldwide reputation as specialist in motion and occupancy sensors.
We are currently looking for a firmware engineer that will be focused in the design and development of embedded software for occupancy detectors and other lighting controls.
The selected candidate will join a multi-disciplinary team located in Barcelona but with strong collaborations with international locations.
- Design, implement and test firmware for microcontroller-based occupancy detectors and lighting control devices.
- Collaborate with hardware engineers to ensure high quality, factory-ready products.
- Assist quality assurance and support teams in investigating and analysing product defects.
- Generate internal and end-user documentation (official written language is English).
What does the company offer
- Fix contract in a leading company within the sector (4 months probation period).
- Being part of a small team within an international community of R&D professionals
- Flexible and results orientated team with excellent work atmosphere
- Competitive salary package according to candidate’s experience and position.
- Master’s degree in Electronics or Telecommunications engineering.
- 4–5 years of relevant experience writing code for 8-bit/32-bit microcontrollers.
- Excellent programming skills in C language, as well as some knowledge of assembly language.
- Experience in implementing and debugging low-level drivers and serial communication protocols (SPI, I2C, RS232, ...).
- Experience in debugging electronic circuits with embedded microcontrollers. Familiar with laboratory instrumentation (e.g. oscilloscope, logic and spectrum analyser, ...).
- Knowledge of real-time data adquisition and Digital Signal Processing techniques and algorithms.
- Familiarity with version control systems.
- Fluent English (B2–C1). German will be a plus.
- Willingness to travel to company's headquarters located in Germany (3-4 times/year).
- Experience using and/or developing products with standard lighting and building automation protocols (e.g. DALI, KNX, LonWorks, BACnet..)
- Experience using and/or developing products with standard wireless protocols (e.g. Zigbee, Bluetooth, EnOcean, ...).
- Experience with Linux embedded: kernel customization, device drivers and Web applications development.
- Knowledge of programming languages under Windows OS (C#, Visual Basic, ...) to develop PC- based data-adquisition and communication applications.
Personal and Profesional Competencies
- Results orientation: drive to work towards a standard of excellence.
- Strong analytical skills: organizing the parts of a problem or a situation, making systematic comparisons of different aspects of it, understanding the implications, setting priorities on a rational basis, identifying time sequences and finding causal relationships.
- Problem solving.
- Initiative: Refers to the action taken to address a current or future problem, obstacle or opportunity. Initiative should be seen in the context of proactively doing things and not simply thinking about future actions.
- Team Player: Implies the readiness to take on the role of team member and to work cooperatively with others.