Backend Engineer - PHP to Gola...Backend Engineer - PHP to Golang/NodeJS
Our client a fast-growing and leading online entertainment company are looking for a Backend Engineer.
We are looking for a talented professional that is willing to face new challenges. You will be part of a small team in charge of defining the new architecture for the new components and breaking an old legacy monolith into new micro components using a DDD approach.
The monolith is written in PHP, however we are using Golang or NodeJS for the new components. Also, we are moving from different data centres to AWS and using server less architecture whenever possible. All the new infrastructure is coded and tested and is part of our CI and CD pipeline.
- Break and extract new components from monolith applications
- Dive into new technologies and figure out how to best monitor them
- Write Golang and NodeJS code
- Code and test infrastructure
- Maintain, develop and add new features to our shared service layer
- Define the new architecture for the new components of the company
- Strong knowledge and practice of Object Oriented Design patterns and principles
- Experience with AWS services
- Experience writing SQL (MySQL) complex queries
- Experience using GIT
- Experience working on high traffic environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a great teammate with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Fluent English: all business spoken and written communications in English
- Experience with CI and CD
- Experience in Golang programming is a big plus
- Experience with queues systems
- Knowledge using Docker containers
- Experience refactoring code