Backend Engineer - Go or Pytho...Backend Engineer - Go or Python
We are collaborating with one of the leading European companies in the design, manufacture, and marketing of Electrical Energy Efficiency equipment.
This option would allow you to work with one of the leading hardware suppliers where they work to achieve the highest efficiency in the entire electricity value chain: metering, protection, renewables, electric vehicle charging, and quality. Their products are sold all over the world.
About the team
We are building an agile engineering team that follows modern software engineering principles. Our stack includes Go, Python, Angular and Kubernetes.
As we are developing the project from scratch, we can use this huge opportunity to define best practices and choose a modern stack. Libraries and decisions are made as a team and always from a practical approach.
A Python developer interested in learning Go would be welcome (the company will cover the costs of the initial training).
Work mode: remote, with the idea of coming to the office once every 15 days or every month.
We would like to meet someone who shares the same principles as us:
- Features should add something of value and deploy as quickly as possible.
- The code is reviewed before each merge.
- The code must be readable, consistent and we try not to abuse abstractions.
- At each push, branches are deployed in a separate environment for PM's to review.
- 80% test coverage, if we go down, someone of us volunteers to augment it.
- We love to automate.
As for our tools, we are using:
- Go for the backend
- Angular for the frontend (although we may move to Vue)
- Python for data analysis and some proofs of concept
- PostgreSQL for the database
- K8S for running the code. Helm for deployment
- Gitlab for issues, pipelines, and code
- Sentry to receive errors
- Grafana to view logs and metrics
- AWS for infrastructure (with Terraform)