One of our clients, a world leading telecommunications company and probably one of the best IT companies in Barcelona regarding growth opportunities is looking for a Junior back-end Engineer.
You will be working involve in all phases of the development lifecycle from working with users to define requirements though to implementation, testing, documentation and support. However the main focus is on development.
- Maintain an inventory of their software and hardware infrastructure.
- Design, implement and maintain additional features and functionality within the OSS platforms.
- Provide support for the production OSS environment and related systems.
- Communicate data with external applications
We are looking for passionate professionals with a software engineering mindset with strong problem-solving skills and ability to work well in an International team environment
- Software Engineering Degree or similar.
- Knowledge of at least two languages will be the best (Python, Ruby, C, C++)
- Knowledge of architectural design patterns and development tools (Git, Jenkins, etc.)
- Knowledge of testing (unit vs. integration, mocking/doubles/fakes, etc.)
- Knowledge of concurrency, algorithm complexity and optimization, data structures, standard algorithms
- Knowledge in systems development Linux and Windows
- Fluent English is required
With over 60 people in our technical staff distributed in several little teams (squads) in their offices in Barcelona.
They have some of bes technical teams in Barcelona working with lastest technologies like Scala, Spark, Akka, Kafka, etc...
The company offer perks as competitive salary and stock options, relocation package, massage therapy, fully stocked kitchen, tech and language courses, etc..
- Stronng knowledge and experience with Java
- Some experience with Scala or another JVM language
- Experience with hight traffic systems and distribution systems.
- Interest in functional progrming.
- Continous Integration
- Good written, spoken and interperonals comunications skills. Spanish is not mandatory.
- Experience with Akka
- Experience with AWS
- Sacala certificate
- Experience with Kafka
Our client is a London based software development consultancy.
We work with leading brands like helping them to build secure, robust platforms for highly sensitive data. Our experience ranges from designing and delivering end-to-end digital banking solutions, through to bespoke internal communication tools for the hospitality sector.
We have a strong engineering background, which remains at the centre of everything we do.
We are currently hiring for a Senior Ruby/Rails Developer to join our team. We are looking for like minded engineer, who is the master of their craft and with experience in leading a team.
- Lead and advise on entire projects
- Be hands-on in new and existing code bases
- Working with the existing team to set and maintain standards of code quality and best practice across the organisation
- Work closely with the product team to understand, scope and advise on the best approach to achieve a business objective
- Experienced and comfortable through the entire lifecycle of a feature, from ideation to delivery
- Can understand business drivers and make solid proposals for building new features or refining existing ones
- Are a subject matter expert in at least one programming environment
- Have typically 5-8 years experience in a specific programming domain or language
- Excellent communications skills (native or strong English speaker)
- Experienced working directly with clients or key stakeholders
- Are ambitious and excited to grow
Developing innovative network technology for the cloud computing era. Self-motivated and driven engineers who want to get things done and greatly improve the future of networking and infrastructure management will thrive in our world-class team. We are driven by passion and insatiable curiosity and are not constrained by conventional thinking.
As a senior software engineer, your responsibilities will be:
- Writing clean and maintainable code for our core product as well as our next-generation SDN products
- Working with the architecture team to design scalable, robust and performant systems
- Writing comprehensive unit and integration tests for all code contributions
- Participating in code reviews
- Developing a broad knowledge of the whole system
- Working within a team to deliver results in key projects
- Debugging and provide timely fixes for customer issues
- Mentoring less experienced team members
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Strong experience with Java, Scala, Go or C/C++ development
- Knowledge of networking protocols (L2-L7 in the OSI model)
- Knowledge of Linux networking (e.g. Netfilter, iptables, Netlink, iproute, etc.)
- Experience working with distributed systems (ZooKeeper, Cassandra, etc)
- Knowledge of cloud technologies (Kubernetes, OpenStack, AWS, etc)
- Concurrent/asynchronous programming
- Ability to learn unfamiliar technologies quickly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience developing distributed systems.
- Knowledge and experience with OpenFlow or flow-based switching.
- Linux kernel networking internals
- Open source development
- Knowledge of Deep Learning
- Experience in embedded programming
Our client Europe´s on demand transport giant is looking for a Backend Chapter Lead (Java).
As of now, we are looking to recruit a highly motivated and experienced Backend Chapter Lead (Java) (m/f) for our new development hub in Barcelona.
You will work in an agile and interdisciplinary team, closely and remotely together with our product department in Germany and lead the development of your chapter.
You will have the opportunity to allow us to scale our products to a completely new level.
Your responsibilities / What you will be doing
- Lead your team and your chapter’s teams
- Write code. We mean it!
- Coach your chapter’s software developers; i.e.: help them with their weaknesses and foster their strengths
- Set goals for your chapter software developers. Coaching by providing them with frequent feedback
- You will work with the recruiting team not only on attracting but also on retaining and onboarding new chapter members
- Develop and perform great engineering practices (infinite loop)
- Evangelise modern software development practices
- Collaborate with other Chapter leads and the Tribe Lead
- Work closely with other Chapter leads
- You will make data driven decisions
- 8+ years of professional experience in backend development
- 3+ year of experience in technical leadership and coaching software developers
- A thorough understanding of the SDLC process
- Experience in Scrum or Kanban
- You are fluent in English (Spanish is a plus)
- Very good knowledge of Java
- Professional experience in microservices using Java and spring-boot
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes (or similar), AWS (or similar)
- Experience running high-traffic websites / APIs and strong focus on performance optimisation, scalability, and reliability
- Proven experience designing and maintaining distributed systems at scale, from service discovery to CQRS
- You are a software craftsman/craftswoman