Our client Europe´s on demand transport giant is looking for a Backend Chapter Lead (Java).
As of now, we are looking to recruit a highly motivated and experienced Backend Chapter Lead (Java) (m/f) for our new development hub in Barcelona.
You will work in an agile and interdisciplinary team, closely and remotely together with our product department in Germany and lead the development of your chapter.
You will have the opportunity to allow us to scale our products to a completely new level.
Your responsibilities / What you will be doing
- Lead your team and your chapter’s teams
- Write code. We mean it!
- Coach your chapter’s software developers; i.e.: help them with their weaknesses and foster their strengths
- Set goals for your chapter software developers. Coaching by providing them with frequent feedback
- You will work with the recruiting team not only on attracting but also on retaining and onboarding new chapter members
- Develop and perform great engineering practices (infinite loop)
- Evangelise modern software development practices
- Collaborate with other Chapter leads and the Tribe Lead
- Work closely with other Chapter leads
- You will make data driven decisions
- 8+ years of professional experience in backend development
- 3+ year of experience in technical leadership and coaching software developers
- A thorough understanding of the SDLC process
- Experience in Scrum or Kanban
- You are fluent in English (Spanish is a plus)
- Very good knowledge of Java
- Professional experience in microservices using Java and spring-boot
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes (or similar), AWS (or similar)
- Experience running high-traffic websites / APIs and strong focus on performance optimisation, scalability, and reliability
- Proven experience designing and maintaining distributed systems at scale, from service discovery to CQRS
- You are a software craftsman/craftswoman
Our client a fast-growing and leading online entertainment company are looking for a Backend Engineer.
We are looking for a talented professional that is willing to face new challenges. You will be part of a small team in charge of defining the new architecture for the new components and breaking an old legacy monolith into new micro components using a DDD approach.
The monolith is written in PHP, however we are using Golang or NodeJS for the new components. Also, we are moving from different data centres to AWS and using server less architecture whenever possible. All the new infrastructure is coded and tested and is part of our CI and CD pipeline.
- Break and extract new components from monolith applications
- Dive into new technologies and figure out how to best monitor them
- Write Golang and NodeJS code
- Code and test infrastructure
- Maintain, develop and add new features to our shared service layer
- Define the new architecture for the new components of the company
- Strong knowledge and practice of Object Oriented Design patterns and principles
- Experience with AWS services
- Experience writing SQL (MySQL) complex queries
- Experience using GIT
- Experience working on high traffic environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a great teammate with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Fluent English: all business spoken and written communications in English
- Experience with CI and CD
- Experience in Golang programming is a big plus
- Experience with queues systems
- Knowledge using Docker containers
- Experience refactoring code
Nuestro cliente está especializado en la creación de portales de empresa y la gestión de clubs de fidelización. Se fundó en 2010 y ha ido creciendo exponencialmente durante los últimos 2 años. Presentes ya en Barcelona, Madrid, Portugal e Italia.
Valoran y promueven la iniciativa personal y la creatividad a la hora de diseñar nuevas funcionalidades y buscar soluciones a los problemas que se plantean, así como el mostrarse autodidacta. Desarrollan para ellos proyectos basados en Mobile Connect, geolocalización, pago móvil, Big Data, segmentación, integración de servicios, etc.
Los equipos están formados por profesionales con perfiles multitasking y sobretodo con mucho empuje, ganas y proactividad, ya que para ellos ha sido siempre la clave del éxito de la empresa. Apuestan por el crecimiento interno, se potencia el plan de carrera de cada uno de los empleados según sus inquietudes y se trabaja en equipo.
Clases inglés y de catalán
Entrenador personal 2 días a la semana
Planes de formación
Un cabeza pensante, un ingeniero, políglota de la tecnología, alguien con una visión muy clara del Backend y sólidos conocimientos en Java, Struts, Hibernate, Spring. Es importante también que esté abierto a ser bastante multitasking e ir aprendiendo.
También sería importante tener mucha capacidad resolutiva, pensamiento activo y que que sea un apasionado por su trabajo.
Our Client is a Leader in the IT sector for primary care with 35% of the national market.
More than 25 Million active clinical records and 40,000 users support their trajectory.
After two decades of commitment Our Client has an extensive network of collaborators and health professionals who support their project. The commitment and passion for things have shown great ability to convene.
Perform hands-on development work using HTML, Java, JSP JSF, and Primefaces.
Ability to work in a fast-paced and agile development environment.
Be involved in a full spectrum of front-end engineering, including new features and new applications.
Develop and implement systems using best practices and tools. Document and communicate them.
Be creative and experiment with new solutions but pragmatic and committed to code optimization, maintainability, and quality.
Optimize web applications for maximum speed and scale.
Contribute to the design, analysis, and required target delivery.
Support other members of the team.
University degree (BSc) in Software Engineering or similar background.
3+ years of professional experience in software development preferably in production teams close to the customer.
Experience integrating with RESTful APIs
Comfortable with a development environment that includes Node.js, CSS pre-processors such as SASS/LESS, and source control
systems such as Git.
Knowledge of software engineering best practices and tools: CI, TDD, SOLID, etc.
Previous experience in Agile environments is a big plus (Scrum, XP).
High level of English. French desirable.
- Drive both full stack and backend development of the core platform
- Write amazing code of the highest quality
- Contribute in the scoping of key development projects
- Take responsibility for the execution of tasks in the team and with our external partners
Desired Skills and Experience
- You have a Computer Science or equivalent degree, if you are self-taught you must have a proven track record of using data structures and algorithms to optimize for computational
- Extensive experience with NodeJS and AngularJS
- Strong organisational skills and well-structured
- An eye for process flows
- Used to communicate in English both in writing and speaking