Our client is one of the top three Group Telecom companies in the Fortune Global 500 ranking. They are a leading global provider of information and communication technology (ICT) solutions with subsidiaries in 124 cities and 140 data centres around the world.
They are currently looking for an Agile Coach/Scum Master, reporting to the Systems Innovation Director, to develop people to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the entire value stream from idea to customer satisfaction.
This role includes lean agile coaching to business leaders, technical leaders and product leaders, not just development teams, with the COO board as stakeholder of company’s Agility.
- Keep people focus on value flow, quality and delivery
- Predictability of the value stream
- Flow efficiency and effectiveness of the area value stream
- Implement the changes needed to achieve agility on any part of value stream
- Quality of agile data to coach teams with
- Detect bottlenecks in value stream
- Set track and implement metrics to coach team in their way to self-improvement journey
- Evangelist of Agile mindset
- Coach Product Owners so they become real leaders in shaping Mendeley offerings
- Ensure high performance and independent teams
- Be a part of creating and maintaining a Kaizen or continuous improvement environment
- Work with the Product Managers & delivery teams to estimate backlog items and ensure optimal flow through the delivery process.
- Agile or Lean software delivery experience e.g. with Scrum, Kanban and/or other similar delivery frameworks.
- Experience of all parts of the product lifecycle including end-of-life.
- Ability to problem solve and come up with creative solutions.
- Energy and enthusiasm for delivery and implementing change.
- Be open to trying new or different ways to deliver.
- Experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Experience with multiple forms of Agile delivery, including Scrum and Kanban
- A technical background in software development, testing or operations is highly recommended
Education and Language skills:
- Written and spoken English (fluent)
- Written and spoken Spanish (fluent / native)
- Scrum certification will be appreciated
Our client, a small team of technical professionals building products to AI-enable the IT industry, is looking to expand the team, and a key role is the appointment of a new product manager to help them in their journey.
As Product Manager you will have a varied set of responsibilities at different times during the launch.
Product Strategy - You will directly support the CTO with developing the product strategy
- Help build the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Monitor and analyse market trends. Study competitors’ services and products.
- Identify and present creative and innovative product solutions
- Develop product pricing and positioning strategies.
Product Planning & Delivery - You will take ownership of defining and executing the integrated product plan
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements and prototypes.
- Work with development leads to make sure that product requirements are understood.
- Scope and prioritise activities based on business and customer impact. Maintain the high level product roadmap, and the mapping to tasks on the backlog.
- Work closely with engineering team to deliver with quick time-to-market with optimal resources
- Test product changes to ensure they meet requirements, utilising support from the UK where appropriate.
- Coordinate product releases with the engineering team and users
Customer Facing - You will support the deployment to new customers
- Provide product training and the necessary technical expertise to the sales team to enable them sell the product. Assist with technical pre-sales activity and production of product marketing content.
- Provide an interface between Professional Services teams and engineering resources to assist with on-boarding new customers.
- Work with beta testers, customers and internal partners to capture feedback and requirements for the product.
- Produce user / technical documentation where appropriate.
Skills & Experience Required
- You will have worked full-time on at least two software projects, ideally introducing new products to internal or external audiences.
- You will have experience in one or more of Product Management, Project Management, Testing, Business Analysis.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills will be essential, including fluent English. You will need to be able to understand complex, technical scenarios and articulate them effectively.
- You have a strong interest it at least one of: data science, machine learning, software quality.
If you are a senior developer ready to take the next step or you’re already managing a small team of developers, we want to hear from you.
We are looking for a Web Operations Development Manager to join our Barcelona based team to oversee all web dev operations globally. This role is an exciting opportunity to work at an international, fast-paced and dynamic Web department at a global player.
In this position, you will be accountable for leading our web dev day to day operations across a range of different products and components. You will work alongside other key team managers and jointly be responsible for ensuring the successful delivery of our customer websites and post-launch technical support.
You will also play a major part in monitoring all aspects of product quality, take part in key technical decisions and push innovation helping shape the future of the web business.
Be prepared to multi-task! You will spend your time juggling being the Ops Technical Leader, managing your team and on key occassions contributing to the dev effort. This is a job for someone who loves development as well as all aspects of management and isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty. While this happens very rarely, please note that the role requires on-call responsibilities that may at times extend beyond normal office hours.
- 5+ years experience in related position
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science / IT discipline is preferred
- Strong technical background, with understanding and hands-on experience in development, primarily front-end
- Experience in running tight processes and procedures for quality control
- Good problem solving skills with ability to think outside the box
- Assertive, confident and effective communicator with the ability to influence others
- Ability to work under pressure and strong commitment to driving results
- Object Oriented Programming, XML/JSON and API integrations
- Cross Browser mark-up with a thorough understanding of browser bugs and incompatibilities
- Experience of working with different CMSs
- Experience of version control systems such as Subversion or Git
- Experience in managing Domain pointing issues (DNS)
LANGUAGES REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION:
Must be fluent in English (both written and spoken)