With over 100M downloads and hundreds of millions of listings added by users, our client is the fastest growing mobile marketplace to buy and sell locally. They are powering a new, secondhand economy on mobile. Named one of Europe's "Hottest Startups" by Wired and "Best Apps" by Google.
Their team made up of 150 people of 20 different nationalities in their New York and Barcelona offices. They are a diverse, passionate group that’s connecting millions of buyers and sellers.
They are efficient, dynamic, creative, international and eager to learn and to improve. They want their collaborators to feel at home, working in a calm atmosphere and building relationships based on cooperation, respect and trust.
They will like working on projects in small teams and with Agile methodologies. Their objective is to make the company one of the best digital companies in Barcelona.
We're looking for a passionate Senior iOS Engineer to join the brilliant and fun team of our's client based in Barcelona! If you love dynamic start-up environments and want to be a part of a quickly growing international project, this role is for you.
- Permanent contract.
- 100% covered medical, vision, and dental care premiums for you and your family.
- Robust relocation package.
- Potential opportunities to travel to - and work in - both of their offices.
- Fully stocked kitchens.
- Massage therapy.
- Language and other courses.
- Team-building activities.
- Exceptional work environment.
- Bachelor (or above) in Computer Engineering.
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience in iOS.
- Deep understanding of Swift, Objective-C and Cocoa/Cocoa Touch frameworks.
- Experience with Auto Layout, Core Location, Deep Linking & Apple Push Notifications.
- You have an eye for software design and you understand that code is made to be read by humans.
- Able to optimize performance and hunt bugs.
- Close attention to detail and product savvy.
- Love software architecture discussions and you are familiar with VIPER & MVVM preferred.
- Protocol-oriented programming supporter (preferred).
- Knowledge/Interest in other programming languages and programming paradigms (preferred).
Our client was founded in June 2009 and was the Europe’s on demand transport giant. With over 10 million downloads and with more than 600 employees in the whole entity, the companie spans across UK, Germany, Ireland, Austria, Poland, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Sweden, Greece, Romania, Peru and Chile.
As of now, we are looking to recruit a highly motivated and experienced Android Chapter Lead for their new development hub in Barcelona.
Their objective is to make the company one of the best digital companies in Barcelona.
As the Android Chapter Lead, you will act as a coach for your team in order to help them with their weaknesses and foster their strengths. You will also set their goals and motivate them to achieve these.
Being part of an agile interdisciplinary team, you will also work closely with our Product Department in Hamburg to lead the development of your chapter.
You will be responsible for the development of a high-quality product capable to stand their fast growth and evolution. And all this, while you code!
- Quarterly team-building activities (karting, bowling, laser tag, escape rooms, barbecues/calçotades…)
- Yearly off-site hacking weeks
- Hacking days and occasional trips to our HQ in Hamburg
- Weekly free buffet breakfasts in the office
- Health and dental insurance
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday off
- The opportunity to use the latest technologies and implement your own ideas
- Flexible learning and development opportunities through internal and external workshops, events and conferences
- Free language lessons
- ...and all the usual start-up goodies like free fruit, unlimited drinks, after-work beers and many more!
You dream in Kotlin rather than in your mother tongue
You have a deep knowledge of Java
You know how to work with microservices
You have knowledge of reactive programming with RxJava
You experience in MVP, Dagger 2 and RetroFit
With over 60 people in our technical staff distributed in several little teams (squads) in their offices in Barcelona.
They have some of bes technical teams in Barcelona working with Best Practices, Clean Code and TDD.
You will work in the helping team in building and maintaining their progressive app.
The company offer perks as competitive salary and stock options, relocation package, massage therapy, fully stocked kitchen, tech and language courses, etc..
- Programing native apps in Android, Java
- Solid architecture knowledge.
- Clean Code and easy-to-read code
- JUnit, Espresso, Mockito