Our client is a leading global digital platform in its business area – nearly 40 million users a month and rising.
The company has tripled in size and achieved 2X revenue in 2017.
The position is based in the company’s Barcelona office. Travelling at least twice a month to the company’s other European office will be required.
You will form part of the global leadership team and report directly to the CEO.
- You will be responsible for establishing the Company’s technical vision and leading all aspects of the Company’s technology development and implementation. The CTO will be the Company's top technology executive, playing an integral role in the Company’s strategic direction, development and future growth.
- Rapidly assimilate and enrich the Company’s current software engineering processes
- Lead the development and execution of the technology architecture, platform and roadmap
- Manage all technology partnerships and external relationships
- Provide visible leadership for the Company within the technology community
- Act as the Company spokesperson for any technology related matters
- Anticipate and react to major technology changes to ensure the maintenance of company leadership in the competitive landscape
- Establish technical standards and ensure adherence to them for product development and Company operations.
- Coordinate technical development with other departments (marketing, content, sales, product, etc.)
- You will lead and grow team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development ( currently 60 distributed in two development offices)
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the company values
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices
- Define and implement engineering best practices and strategies, while tracking key metrics for quality and team performance that results in continuous improvement.
- Actively lead engineering teams and collaborate with CPO, product team, technical leads, individual contributors, and other leaders in the organization
- Own and insure timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs.
Experience to be able to realize all the afore-mentioned responsibilities.
- At least 5 years’ experience managing multidisciplinary development teams of more than 30 (geographically dispersed would be a plus) in a digital online environment/company
- Expertise with agile product development
- Diverse technical background with a good sense for where technology is moving
- Experience with cloud services (e.g. Amazon AWS, Azure)
- Good understanding of software architecture, HA, distributed systems & performance
- Expertise in any of the following is a plus: Core or Standard.Net, PHP, Reactnative
- Experience and expertise in creating or contributing to test plans/metrics to insure maximum quality.
- Experience in a Lean Agile environment with CI -CD
- Experience leading mobile development teams as the company is following a clear 'mobile first' strategy.
- An entrepreneurial mindset.