Technical ManagerTechnical Manager
Our client is a top-tier,leading global on-line platform receiving more than 50 million visitors to the company’s global sites each month.
This is an opportunity to join one of the world's most advanced intelligent and data analyzing technological environments.
The company offers an excellent working environment in their Barcelona office with the usual array of attractive social benefits. For candidates relocating from abroad logistical and financial support is provided.
As a Technical Manager at you’ll be leading and developing a team of engineers as well as joining them in building world class products for their users. So we’re looking for software and product enthusiasts who can lead, manage and develop engineers in reaching their personal career goals and the ever scaling objectives of the company
Technical Managers are responsible for leading their teams in the design and development of systems that keep their solutions ahead of the pack. As well as engineers, you will work closely with architects, product and project managers, providing technical leadership to define the roadmap and deliver new features to the market. And on top of all of that, you’ll have a hands on role in the planning, execution and successful delivery of state of the art solutions. You’ll mentor the technical staff and be actively involved in recruiting their future engineering talent.
You are expected, leading by example to head up team of engineers, and be very proactive in coming up with new ideas for improving the product in collaboration with product and business managers.
This is a hands-on position, where you are expected to be able to develop and ship code together with your team
You will have full line management responsibility for your team.
- Translating ideas and requirements into high quality code that is deployed in production.
- Coming up with new ideas to improve the platform and measuring their effect by means of A/B tests and/or user testing sessions.
- Working with your team and with the product managers to prioritize tests and features to be executed during a given sprint.
- Managing sprints and overseeing your team´s progress, solving any roadblocks that slow the team down.
- Solving complex problems involving scalability, concurrency, and consistency and providing pragmatic solutions.
- Offer guidance and recommendations for business decision making
- Implement best practices and encourage others to follow your example.
- Work with product management to develop requirements from conception to solution.
- Create and sustain agile engineering policies and process descriptions for product areas under your responsibility,
- Lead and manage engineers effectively within Agile team,
- Develop team members skills and capability,
- Performance management of your functional team’s and team member performance,
- Computer Science degree or similar
- At least 3 years experience leading teams of SW engineers (+10)
- Experience in a web economy or other fast paced tech environment; proficiency in object-oriented programming, automated testing, front and back end web development, distributed systems and database technologies.
- Very strong in large-scale software engineering. Minimum 7 years experience in a Senior SW engineer position working on a highly trafficked, international, large web product, with demonstrable impact.
- Very substantial experience developing for cross-browser environments and debugging cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Experience with data-driven product engineering. Experience in A/B testing, user research and web analytics techniques and technologies (e.g. Google Analytics, Optimizely, UserTesting.com or similar).
- Experience in software testing (unit tests, integration tests, etc).
- Experience in database design and RDBMSs (PostgreSQL is preferred)