Senior Systems AdministratorSenior Systems Administrator
Q-tech is a recruitment company specialized in IT profiles since 1999. We work with end clients who trust us on their IT recruitment needs, so that they can directly hire the ideal candidate they are looking for.
Our client, a biomedical research institution leading their sector is looking for a Senior Systems Administrator who is excited by working in a dynamic scientific environment where a lot of freedom is given regarding the products to be implemented as long as it presents an improvement for the scientific community. Reporting to the Head of IT, the senior systems administrator shall be responsible for managing and administering all the IT system hardware, software and cloud resources.
· Management of the current IT services available
o Unified Communication platform (Exchange 2013, Lync 2013, SharePoint 2013)
o Virtualization platform (VMware, HyperV)
o Authentication platform (Active Directory, ADFS)
o Monitoring and management platform (Nagios, Cacti, Systems Center, MDT)
· Management of the IT infrastructure available
o Network (HP switches, Fortigate firewall)
o Servers (HP c7000 racks)
o Storage (NetApp FAS cabins)
· Administration of the current cloud services
o Office 365
· Participation in the definition of possible improvements of the current services or implementation of new services
· Collaboration in the management of IT projects where the Systems Administration team is involved
· Implementation of IT processes in order to automatize the work done by the different teams of the IT department
· Resolution of incidences that can affect the IT services and escalation to the external suppliers if needed.
· Minimum of five year experience in a similar job position, preferably in an international research and/or academic environment. Experience in team management will be an advantage
· Experienced in Windows, Mac OS and Unix operating systems
· Experienced in Unified Communication platform (Exchange, Skype for Business, SharePoint)
· Experienced in Microsoft Active Directory, ADFS, ISA Server, proxies, etc.
· Experienced in networks: horizontal, vertical, virtual, in Windows and UNIX. Network Wi-Fi, SDN, Firewalls
· Experienced in SAN and NAS storage platforms.
· Knowledge of Oracle databases and no relational databases
· Knowledge of applications server of Oracle to level of systems.
· Experienced in Standard web environments. Apache, Tomcat, IIS
· Experienced in Project Management and Reporting.
· Experienced in procedures and processes standards design
· Experienced in Office 365 cloud services
· Experienced in management and monitoring tools (Nagios, Microsoft Systems Center)
· Advanced level of English and Spanish written and spoken
· Catalan will be an advantage
· Proactive, organized, dynamic
· Ability to work independently
· Capacity to coordinate internal and external team work
· Project management skills
· Analysis and problem solving
· Service orientation
Our client offers work in a highly stimulating environment with state-of-the-art infrastructures, providing the successful applicant with unique professional career opportunities.