Principal Front-end EngineerPrincipal Front-end Engineer
In order to solve transportation problems around the world, two great companies come together with their respective products, targeting all stakeholders and serving more than 300k users per month.
Our client is transforming the passenger transport ecosystem through digitization and optimization, and to continue to grow globally and solve mass transit challenges in a holistic way, they bring an innovative SaaS solution: Demand Responsive Transport System.
They enjoy an enriching, fun and rewarding work environment with a team looking for new adventure partners eager to keep adding.
Currently they are looking for an engaged and enthusiastic Engineer to join their team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed systems, their scalability and continued development.
- Influence and contribute to the companie’s platform & system architecture.
- Drive best engineering practices within your team and the frontend chapter.
- Work hands-on in a team.
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy of the frontend chapter.
- Debug and solve complex issues by translating business problems into technical solutions.
- Mentor and teach fellow engineers.
- Create frameworks and abstractions that are reliable, reusable, and avoid surprising outcomes.
- Identify and solve major architectural problems by going deep in your field or broad across different teams.
- Remote from Spain
- Permanent contract
- Competitive salary range (55K-65K)
- The opportunity to lead the front-end area of the company
- At least 5 years of experience developing, shipping, and maintaining web applications and systems
- Understanding of software design patterns
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Familiarity in state management libraries like Redux and MobX.
- Experience working in a micro-frontends environment
- Good understanding of bundling tools like Webpack, Gulp, or Grunt.
- Good understanding of reactive programming libraries like RxJs.
- Experience with Maps APIs like Google maps, or MapBox, etc.
- Have experience in mentoring and supporting peers and engineering teams, fostering best engineering practices.
- Leadership experience: Leading meetings, presenting, technical go-to person, and cross-functional leader is a plus
- Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.