Our client is passionate about code quality, very focus about building highly scalable, reliable, available and high performance products
We’re looking for a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer to join a Product and Engineering Team based in Barcelona. You will be working with Python/Django web application along with front-end technologies
You will join a multidisciplinary team with design, frontend and backend engineering combined. We are looking for a good team player with strong communications skills with technical team and other teams such as product/design.
- Computer Science degree or similar
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role
- Strong experience in a web apps working with Python or experience in similar technologies such as Ruby/Rails.
- Experience in software testing (unit tests, integration tests, etc).
- You are user oriented because you want to deliver the best service to your customers.
-Version control systems (Mercurial/Git) and you are familiar with Continuous Integration/Deployment tools.
- Knowledge about Unix systems and command line tools.
- Agile methodologies experience
- Great level of written and spoken English
Our client is a fashion marketplace for regular people, stylish fashionistas, designers, and small businesses to post and discover unique, original, desirable, interesting and obscure fashion items and accessories.
They strive to create a marketplace that helps aspiring designers, entrepreneurs and hobbyists to get their stuff seen, breathing life into the burgeoning fashion underground emerging around the world. Alongside this they want to hero a second-hand economy for the billions of dollars of high quality, mind-blowing fashion that is sitting in everyone’s wardrobe - worn once, and likely never to see the light of day.
This is a new role inside the company, they are creating the Data team!! As a Data engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining their analytics architecture, technology stack and its underlying processes. You will design and build data models and metrics to support business users as well as optimize and develop their current data-warehouse.
As a Data Engineer you will closely collaborate with mobile and backend engineers as well as data scientists to create robust, scalable data pipelines putting analytical solutions in the hands of users.
The challenge for data engineer is to lead the data engineering efforts for large scale projects like customer lifecycle management, performance marketing or recommendation engines. As well as designing and continuously improving their ETL processes for faster performance and greater reliability.
You will also explore and implement newest technologies and drive our ambition to become leaders in data innovation. We are looking for a problem solving, innovation and communication person who loves to work with a team sharing knowledge and goals in an open and transparent environment.
- Computer science, engineering, math, physics or similar.
- Strong experience on large data sets, preferably in an e-commerce environment
- Advanced SQL skills across variety of relational data warehousing technologies (e.g. Redshift, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Teradata, SQL Server, IBM DB2)
- Experience in business intelligence solutions, solid data warehouse designing and modelling skills
- Experience with ETL tools (Pentaho, Talend)
- Experience with programming languages: Python (big plus), Scala and/or Java
- Fluent English
- Understanding of Agile methodologies and SCRUM.
- Experience with big data and/or NoSQL databases (such as Mongo, Dynamo or Redis) is a plus
- Nice to have experience with reporting solutions.
- Experience with AWS stack (in particular severless services like Lambda and Kinesis) is a plus
Nuestro cliente es una empresa de servicios informáticos totalmente estable fundada el año 2003 con sede en la ciudad de Barcelona. Está dirigida a cualquier negocio que busque integrar en un solo proveedor el conjunto de sus necesidades informáticas: desarrollan webs corporativas, e-commerce, API's y heramientas de gestión, entre otras. Participan en todo el ciclo del desarrollo de diferentes proyectos interesantes, tales como: Blockchain, realidad aumentada y desarrollo de aplicaciones mobile, entre otras.
El equipo está formado por ingenieros informáticos y diseñadores gráficos apasionados de la tecnología y la innovación. Están siempre utilizando las tecnologías de vanguardia, escogiendo aquellas que creen que pueden dar un valor añadido a su negocio. Son personas inquietas, a la última en tecnología y sin miedo a los nuevos retos.
La calidad y flexibilidad son los valores que mejor les definen, además algunas de sus prioridades son encontrar la proximidad con nuestro cliente e investigar para utilizar las herramientas más avanzadas.
- Grado / Licenciatura / Diplomatura en Ingeniería Informática.
- Frameworks web: Wordpress, Prestashop.
- Bases de Dades: MySQL y SQLite.
- Android: experiencia y/o interés en el desarollo de aplicaciones nativas en Android.
- Capacidad de trabajar en equipo.
- Ganas de aprender nuevas tecnologías, lenguajes y frameworks.
Our client gather information from major short term rental market places and online travel agents to build a unique and massive amount of data that we crunch to create meaningful information for their users. From their unique and massive database built and refined over time, they deliver analyses, reports and supply data to their customers.
If you enjoy building products, working across the stack, and interested in joining a team solving both technical and business problems ranging from data science, all the way up to sales strategy, this is your gig.
Their team members are based out in Madrid and Los Angeles.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Design and maintain the web crawling systems to integrate new platforms or improve the existing crawling mechanisms.
- Implement and improve Transparent's data processing techniques, needed to give meaningful representations of the gathered information.
- Optimize our existing resources to minimize computation times and system requirements.
- Ensure the security of the platform in terms of system administration, crawling anonymity and undesired data leaks.
- Work closely with the CTO to support Product Owners in driving and implementing the long-term strategy.
- Drive and promote continuous improvements: encourage and lead the changes, strive for technical excellence.
WHAT THEY OFFER:
- Competitive salary.
- Responsibility from day one in a fast growing and global startup.
- A vibrant international team.
- Stock Options.
- Flexible working hours and a possibility to work remotely some days of the week.
- Modern and spacious office in the heart of Madrid.
Core skills and experience we are looking for:
- Backend - proven experience developing large scale backend services in Node.js with frameworks like express.
- Database- you have a solid understanding of SQL and have good working knowledge of at least one of the mainline databases (MySql, Postgresql).
- General - you are comfortable using git or svn and the command line, and have worked in a collaborative environment with a team of developers.
- Language - you are proficient in English and/or Spanish.
- GData science - you have worked with large scale data processing systems like Hadoop or Spark.
- Database - from the experiences you have had, you know the pros and cons of SQL vs NoSQL and have worked with both database systems.
- Backend - you have experience with other server languages like Go, Python or C++.
Our client is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) vacation rental booking and channel management system with HQ in Barcelona acquired in 2014 for a leading provider of on-demand property management software and since then, they have fast grown into the leading provider of vacation rental software in the world.
Web-based, scalable solution that provides vacation rental managers all of the critical features they need in one, easy-to-use solution, including reservation management, distribution, marketing, revenue management, eSignature and websites.
Currently they are looking for a PHP Developer to be involved in the full lifecycle application management and development, with an emphasis on data connectivity, processing performance and logging. As a result, this developer must have solid foundational experience with the LAMP framework, coding web services, Linux applications and services.
- Provide day to day contribution in product evolution design, implementation, and maintenance
- Direct software coding, software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review
- Work with new technologies for implementation (we are currently utilizing Hangfire, Azure and other modern services and processes)
- Performance tuning, improvement, usability and process automation
- Support, maintenance and documenting software functionality
- Integrate software with existing systems and other products in the suite (APIs, WebHooks and other)
- Acquire domain expertise for given industry application through team interaction
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science a plus
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in commercial PHP application development
- Minimum of 2 years mySQL required
- Minimum of 1 year of API or related
- Strong analysis, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Very high English level