Q-tech takes your right to privacy and the safe keeping and use of your personal details very seriously. The EU has recently updated its data protection laws (“The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Regulation (EU) 2016/679”) to insure all personal data is protected and used with maximum efficiency. Here we outline our own updated Private policy to inform you how we collect your data and what we do with it.
Who we are and what we do:
Q-tech is an recruitment agency specialised in the selection of all professional profiles for the Information Technology sector. We only work with permanent placements.
How do we collect your data?
As our business is to offer candidates the very best job opportunities, we need a certain amount of information that can mostly be obtained from a CV such as your name, contact information, education and career history. Any additional relevant information is provided to us by you during the recruitment process.
Q-tech collects your data when:
- You get in touch directly with Q-tech by telephone, email or through our website. (See Cookies policy)
- You apply to a job offer advertised on our website.
- Completas y nos envías un formulario de inscripción.
- You apply to an offer we have published on Social media such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or other employment portals and job boards.
- We actively search for candidates from external sources, such as LinkedIn or other employment portals and jobs boards.
- You provide us with other relevant information directly via email or in an interview to support your candidacy either proactively or passively responding to a Q-tech consultant’s petition.
With whom do we share your data:
Your data cannot be collected from Q-tech unless the law permits it. E.g. Tax authorities, criminal record checks or related to possible litigation.
What do we do with your data: We use it:
- To be able associate and evaluate your professional profile with relevant job opportunities with an aim to provide a complete and efficient recruitment service to you and our clients.
- To assess data about you against vacancies which we judge may be suitable for you.
- To send your information to clients in order to apply for jobs or to assess your eligibility for jobs. Our Clients will process your data with the sole aim to evaluate your candidacies as agreed contractually. Data will not be sent to countries or territories outside the European Union without Q-tech’s explicit permission.
- To enable you to submit your resume, apply online for jobs or to subscribe to alerts about jobs we think may be of interest to you.
- Store it (and update it when necessary) in our database, so that we can get in touch with you regarding future relevant opportunities.
- To inform you about events and other general information relevant to our services and the technology sector we believe may interest you.
Rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition
To exercise the rights of access, rectification, cancellation, opposition, portability or right to oblivion provided by law, the owner of the data can contact our Data Protection Delegate, Ref. Data protection (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For any claim related to the processing of your personal data, you can contact the competent control authority (Spanish Agency for Data Protection, www.agpd.es)
How do we protect your personal data?
- Q-tech guarantees that it maintains data protection security compliant with the current legislation, that it has put in place all the available technical measures needed to avoid the loss, misuse, alteration or any breach of personal data provided by our candidates and clients. Although we believe we have taken all the adequate measures to protect your data, no system is impregnable.
- All physical data used in Q-tech’s offices (e.g. CVs or copies of personal documentation) are destroyed onsite weekly by a company specialised in providing certified document destruction.
Data retention policy:
Q-tech will store data until it is no longer current or relevant to our legitimate business or we receive your explicit petition to remove it from out storage systems exercising your rights to cancelation. We understand that we have a duty to only store your data for as long as we need them for our legitimate interests.
We will endeavour to do everything we can to maintain your data up-to-date, however, we depend on you to inform us of any changes or if you wish to remove them from our system.
The new law “The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Regulation (EU) 2016/679” that came into effect on 25th May 2018 stipulates that a company must obtain explicit consent declaring permission to store and use personal data from the affected person clearly and unmistakably.
There is a grey area regarding recruitment agencies as it is not clear if explicit consent should be obtained to comply with the law or use and storage of personal data is covered under the “Legitimate interests” concept.
Q-tech prefers to respect the new law and your rights to the letter and has facilitated a way to give us your explicit consent via our website/email.http://www.q-techrec.com/consentimiento