Our client gather information from major short term rental market places and online travel agents to build a unique and massive amount of data that we crunch to create meaningful information for their users. From their unique and massive database built and refined over time, they deliver analyses, reports and supply data to their customers.
If you enjoy building products, working across the stack, and interested in joining a team solving both technical and business problems ranging from data science, all the way up to sales strategy, this is your gig.
Their team members are based out in Madrid and Los Angeles.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Design and maintain the web crawling systems to integrate new platforms or improve the existing crawling mechanisms.
- Implement and improve Transparent's data processing techniques, needed to give meaningful representations of the gathered information.
- Optimize our existing resources to minimize computation times and system requirements.
- Ensure the security of the platform in terms of system administration, crawling anonymity and undesired data leaks.
- Work closely with the CTO to support Product Owners in driving and implementing the long-term strategy.
- Drive and promote continuous improvements: encourage and lead the changes, strive for technical excellence.
WHAT THEY OFFER:
- Competitive salary.
- Responsibility from day one in a fast growing and global startup.
- A vibrant international team.
- Stock Options.
- Flexible working hours and a possibility to work remotely some days of the week.
- Modern and spacious office in the heart of Madrid.
Core skills and experience we are looking for:
- Backend - proven experience developing large scale backend services in Node.js with frameworks like express.
- Database- you have a solid understanding of SQL and have good working knowledge of at least one of the mainline databases (MySql, Postgresql).
- General - you are comfortable using git or svn and the command line, and have worked in a collaborative environment with a team of developers.
- Language - you are proficient in English and/or Spanish.
- GData science - you have worked with large scale data processing systems like Hadoop or Spark.
- Database - from the experiences you have had, you know the pros and cons of SQL vs NoSQL and have worked with both database systems.
- Backend - you have experience with other server languages like Go, Python or C++.
Our client is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) vacation rental booking and channel management system with HQ in Barcelona acquired in 2014 for a leading provider of on-demand property management software and since then, they have fast grown into the leading provider of vacation rental software in the world.
Web-based, scalable solution that provides vacation rental managers all of the critical features they need in one, easy-to-use solution, including reservation management, distribution, marketing, revenue management, eSignature and websites.
Currently they are looking for a PHP Developer to be involved in the full lifecycle application management and development, with an emphasis on data connectivity, processing performance and logging. As a result, this developer must have solid foundational experience with the LAMP framework, coding web services, Linux applications and services.
- Provide day to day contribution in product evolution design, implementation, and maintenance
- Direct software coding, software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review
- Work with new technologies for implementation (we are currently utilizing Hangfire, Azure and other modern services and processes)
- Performance tuning, improvement, usability and process automation
- Support, maintenance and documenting software functionality
- Integrate software with existing systems and other products in the suite (APIs, WebHooks and other)
- Acquire domain expertise for given industry application through team interaction
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science a plus
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in commercial PHP application development
- Minimum of 2 years mySQL required
- Minimum of 1 year of API or related
- Strong analysis, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Very high English level
Our client Europe´s on demand transport giant is looking for a Backend Chapter Lead (Java).
As of now, we are looking to recruit a highly motivated and experienced Backend Chapter Lead (Java) (m/f) for our new development hub in Barcelona.
You will work in an agile and interdisciplinary team, closely and remotely together with our product department in Germany and lead the development of your chapter.
You will have the opportunity to allow us to scale our products to a completely new level.
Your responsibilities / What you will be doing
- Lead your team and your chapter’s teams
- Write code. We mean it!
- Coach your chapter’s software developers; i.e.: help them with their weaknesses and foster their strengths
- Set goals for your chapter software developers. Coaching by providing them with frequent feedback
- You will work with the recruiting team not only on attracting but also on retaining and onboarding new chapter members
- Develop and perform great engineering practices (infinite loop)
- Evangelise modern software development practices
- Collaborate with other Chapter leads and the Tribe Lead
- Work closely with other Chapter leads
- You will make data driven decisions
- 8+ years of professional experience in backend development
- 3+ year of experience in technical leadership and coaching software developers
- A thorough understanding of the SDLC process
- Experience in Scrum or Kanban
- You are fluent in English (Spanish is a plus)
- Very good knowledge of Java
- Professional experience in microservices using Java and spring-boot
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes (or similar), AWS (or similar)
- Experience running high-traffic websites / APIs and strong focus on performance optimisation, scalability, and reliability
- Proven experience designing and maintaining distributed systems at scale, from service discovery to CQRS
- You are a software craftsman/craftswoman
Our client a fast-growing and leading online entertainment company are looking for a Backend Engineer.
We are looking for a talented professional that is willing to face new challenges. You will be part of a small team in charge of defining the new architecture for the new components and breaking an old legacy monolith into new micro components using a DDD approach.
The monolith is written in PHP, however we are using Golang or NodeJS for the new components. Also, we are moving from different data centres to AWS and using server less architecture whenever possible. All the new infrastructure is coded and tested and is part of our CI and CD pipeline.
- Break and extract new components from monolith applications
- Dive into new technologies and figure out how to best monitor them
- Write Golang and NodeJS code
- Code and test infrastructure
- Maintain, develop and add new features to our shared service layer
- Define the new architecture for the new components of the company
- Strong knowledge and practice of Object Oriented Design patterns and principles
- Experience with AWS services
- Experience writing SQL (MySQL) complex queries
- Experience using GIT
- Experience working on high traffic environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a great teammate with strong analytical, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Fluent English: all business spoken and written communications in English
- Experience with CI and CD
- Experience in Golang programming is a big plus
- Experience with queues systems
- Knowledge using Docker containers
- Experience refactoring code
Nuestro cliente está especializado en la creación de portales de empresa y la gestión de clubs de fidelización. Se fundó en 2010 y ha ido creciendo exponencialmente durante los últimos 2 años. Presentes ya en Barcelona, Madrid, Portugal e Italia.
Valoran y promueven la iniciativa personal y la creatividad a la hora de diseñar nuevas funcionalidades y buscar soluciones a los problemas que se plantean, así como el mostrarse autodidacta. Desarrollan para ellos proyectos basados en Mobile Connect, geolocalización, pago móvil, Big Data, segmentación, integración de servicios, etc.
Los equipos están formados por profesionales con perfiles multitasking y sobretodo con mucho empuje, ganas y proactividad, ya que para ellos ha sido siempre la clave del éxito de la empresa. Apuestan por el crecimiento interno, se potencia el plan de carrera de cada uno de los empleados según sus inquietudes y se trabaja en equipo.
Clases inglés y de catalán
Entrenador personal 2 días a la semana
Planes de formación
Un cabeza pensante, un ingeniero, políglota de la tecnología, alguien con una visión muy clara del Backend y sólidos conocimientos en Java, Struts, Hibernate, Spring. Es importante también que esté abierto a ser bastante multitasking e ir aprendiendo.
También sería importante tener mucha capacidad resolutiva, pensamiento activo y que que sea un apasionado por su trabajo.