We are looking for an experienced and Senior IT professional to drive the development of our next-generation product of personal finance management.
Our ideal candidate is a person who has a proven track in managing complex software products and projects with the ability to convert business needs into software solutions. The candidate will lead both, the development of the product, and the team that helps design and develop customizations of our innovative software.
He/she will have a unique opportunity to lead a team of more than 60 talented software developers and engineers, many different projects and several products at different stages.
We need someone who has outstanding interpersonal skills, is perseverant, with a passion for engineering and software architecture, keeping the company’s high-quality standards.
A good understanding of financial banking and technology will be a strong plus.
The position will report to the CEO.
- Responsible for the development work for our personal finance management products.
- Ensure high quality software. Implement software methodologies and techniques to allow fast growing and adaptability.
- Provide technical leadership and project management for all phases of the agile software development life cycle, leading from the front to hit organization level goals
- Work with Product Director, Product Managers and Business Development Director to integrate customers needs in our software solution.
- Decide and prioritize if the different and new functionalities should be integrated in our base product or customized for a specific client.
- Provide technical solutions to software delivery and integration challenges.
- Take responsibility for the delivery of sophisticated and innovative backend solutions working together with Tech Leads and Project Managers.
- Support our engineers and engineering managers in achieving their highest potential through coaching, recruitment, mentoring and being hands-on when needed.
- Manage the team to allow them to excel in performance.
- Be a frontline manager and leader among your peers and reports, leveraging your own technical background and experience.
- Drive collaboration with leadership and non-technical stakeholders on company-wide projects.
- BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related technical discipline.
- 10+ years of experience driving development team.
- Experience using agile software development methodologies.
- Experience with managing a team of developers for enterprise software and SaaS software products.
- Ideally, experience with on premise and hosted solutions deployments.
- Very knowledgeable about the development processes, quality, upgrades, technologies, and architectures of enterprise software.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in english.
- Strong knowledge in software architecture.
- Experience in software development (Java) Knowledge of databases and operating systems.
- Experience and knowledge in application servers (Websphere, JBoss, Tomcat, etc.)
- Familiar with software control and documentation tools.